On my son’s second birthday, we wanted to do something different other than cake cutting with family & friends. We thought to share this happiness with children underprivileged. So found a home called “Bal Niketan” near our area. You can celebrate your special days with children over there by sponsoring particular day lunch/ dinner or breakfast as per your date & time schedule. So, I called at Bal Niketan and booked the day for lunch and cake cutting celebration with children.
I also wanted to distribute something special as return gift or token of our love. Thought to bake muffins for them. And I started my preparation for it like buying muffin trays, muffin liners. I baked 80 mini-cup cakes/ muffins to distribute among orphanage children.
Sharing ingredients and directions to bake 12 mini-cup cakes in one go.
- ¾ cups plain flour
- ¼ cups cocoa powder
- ½ cups powder sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 80 gms butter / Oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 160C. Prepare 12 hole muffin tray using cup-liner.
- Sift all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Make a small well in the middle of the bowl and then add remaining ingredients.
- Beat on low speed with electric mixer until just combined.
- Scrape down sides of a bowl and beat on medium speed for a further two minutes.
- Place Heaped teaspoon of the mixture into 12 mini muffin tray until holes are half full.
- Place muffins tray in an oven for 10-12 minutes. After 12 minutes, check the muffins are ready or not by inserting a toothpick in it. If the toothpick comes out clear then muffins are ready, if it comes out sticky then let it bake for some more time.
- Take the tray out from oven and turn out muffins on wire rack to cool.
- You can frost or decorate muffins once cool down. Or leave plain if preferred.
You can try baking it at home using twists like
- Bake eggless version by adding yogurt or milkmaid as egg replacer
- Add nuts, tutti fruity or walnuts to enhance flavors
- If you don’t like chocolate version, then skip the chocolate and add any essence like vanilla, pineapple.
Let me know if you have any question regarding the recipe.
Happy Baking & Happy Kids