Your baby’s skin is delicate and soft. You need to be careful while handling your newborn’s skin. You should keep your baby away from chemicals, strong fragrances, synthetic dyes in clothes, hard detergents, and skin care products that can cause allergies like a rash, skin irritation, dryness, and chafe.
Some Facts About a Baby’s Skin
- Your baby’s skin is ultra thin, fragile and sensitive. An infant’s epidermis (outermost layer of our skin) is 3-5 times thinner than an adult’s.
- Your baby’s skin is prone to rashes, acne, blemishes.
- When your baby is born, it’s body is covered with lanugo and a greasy layer of vernix to protect the skin from dryness in the mother’s uterus. Lanugo is the first hair the body develops in the uterus.
- Your baby’s skin is reddish-purple that changes to pinkish-red in a day or two. This color comes from the red blood vessels that are visible through your baby’s thin skin.
- Baby skin problems are the results of imbalances in the skin’s pH level. A baby skin has pH level neutral at the time of birth but gradually becomes more acidic with age.
- Excessive use of soap and lotions can disturb the pH level of the baby’s skin. Skin care products which contain alcohol can also disturb skin pH level.
Always use natural, toxin-free and herb-based products for your child’s skin. Avoid using soaps, oil, and moisturizers on a routine basis. Always check the ingredients before trying any new skincare product for your child. Some baby care products are full of chemicals, which not only cause dryness, rashes, irritations to the delicate skin of your child but also make your baby’s skin more prone to diseases.
I always prefer to use mustard oil and coconut oil for my child. Some people use olive oil for massage, but it’s not a good option if your baby’s skin is dry.
Recently, I tried Baby First Natural Baby Oil for my son and myself. Sharing my findings here, after using the Baby First Natural Baby Oil.
Baby First Baby Oil
It’s 100% natural coconut oil, for the tender skin of your baby. It’s an FSSAI-approved safe oil. This oil is extracted from fresh coconut milk, using cold press technology. Oils which are extracted using cold press technology are the best oils to use because, in the process, natural nutrients present are not destroyed.
Baby First Baby Oil contains 50% Lauric acid and Vitamin E. Lauric acid is a saturated fat, which helps improve the baby’s immune system. The only other place that has such high levels of lauric acid is breast milk. Vitamin E is an antioxidant which helps repair damaged tissues of skin as well as treats skin dryness.
What makes it better than other coconut oils
- 100% natural non-sticky oil
- No preservatives added
- No mineral oil and Paraffin Oil added
- No artificial colors added
- No synthetic fragrance
- It’s Food Grade Oil, so it would not harm your baby even if he/she licks his skin
Price, Packing and Shelf life
Baby First Baby Oil comes in a neat and sleek transparent bottle, having a white flip cap, that makes it easy to carry without any leakages.
It is very reasonable in price. This oil is available in two different sizes.
The price for a 100ml bottle is INR 99
The price for a 200ml bottle is INR 189
Coconut oil lasts for a shorter period of time if it is not stored properly. Always check the best before date before purchasing. The best before the date of this oil is 18 months from manufacturing date.
What I like about Baby First Baby Oil
- It’s a non-sticky oil, which works best as a natural moisturizer for your baby’s dry skin.
- The fragrance of this coconut oil is very natural.
- Baby First Baby Oil locks in moisture on the baby’s skin for a long duration. It helps make the newborn’s skin soft and smooth.
- It is thin in texture, transparent in color, has no added preservatives or chemicals.
- As it’s extracted using the cold-press technique, it’s nutrient value is high.
- You can use it in all seasons. You don’t need to buy different kinds of oils for different weather.
How I am using Baby First Baby Oil for different purposes
You can use the same coconut oil for different purposes, as I do for my child.
Baby First Baby Oil works as an excellent moisturizer for your baby’s skin. It has antioxidants, antibacterial and antifungal properties, which make it an ideal choice for sensitive skin.
#2 Massage Oil
Baby’s massage is a gentle and rhythmic stroking of your baby’s body, with your hands. Using Baby First Baby Oil for massage helps improve blood circulation and increases healthy cholesterol in your baby’s skin.
#3 Hair Oil
I use Baby First Baby Oil as hair oil for my son. It’s not very sticky, so I use it on a daily basis, without any need to shampoo his hair after every use. Coconut oil penetrates hair better than other oils.
Recommendation – YES
I always promote and use natural, herbal and organic foods and products. Baby First Baby Oil is a natural oil, hence I would suggest you to give it a try for sure. It’s a safe, mild, natural and pure coconut oil to use for your baby’s sensitive skin.
All opinions are based on my personal experience with this product and are not influenced by the company, brand or person.