Last Updated – 25.01.2021
The minute particles present in the talcum powder could trigger respiratory problems in babies, therefore pediatricians discourage the use of talcum powder in babies.
At the same time, you need specific baby powders that have benefits, like;
- Helps in preventing rashes
- Reduces excessive sweating
- Helps in preventing diaper rashes
Click Below to Jump Directly to the Topic
- Things to Take Care While Buying Best Baby Powder in India
- Best Baby Powder in India 2021
- Best Baby Powder for Summer in India 2021
- Best Baby Powder for Diaper Rash in India 2021
- Best Talc-free Baby Powder in India 2021
- My Favourites
Things to Take Care While Buying Best Baby Powder in India
There are two types of baby powders. You should select powder as per the requirement of your baby.
- Baby talcum powder: The main ingredient is talc thereby inhalation chances are high.
- Corn starch baby powder: The main ingredient is corn starch (bigger particles) thereby fewer chances of inhalation by the babies.
Other parameters to take care of while buying talcum powder
- Rashes free
- Mild fragrance
- Other ingredients
Best Baby Powder in India 2021
#1. Himalaya Baby Powder
Himalaya Herbals baby powder is one of the most popular baby powders in the market. This herbal powder is claimed to be an ideal solution for dry skin, itchy skin and dermatitis in babies.
Himalaya baby powder is enriched with herbal ingredients such as olive oil, almond oil, khus khus and natural zinc. Olive oil has the goodness of Vitamin E that softens and protects your baby’s skin from skin acne.
Almond oil contains Vitamin E, good for baby’s bone development and protection from infections. Natural Zinc has antiseptic properties to protect your baby from skin diseases. Khus Khus cools and refreshes your baby’s skin.
Himalaya baby powder is known for its effectiveness against excessive sweating and prickly heat. This powder is clinically approved for treating dermatological issues in babies. You could apply this powder on knees, skin folds, elbows and face.
Best for – Babies with dermatological issues
- Prevent rashes and infections
- Less prone to allergens
- Good for newborn
- Ideal for excessive sweating and prickly heat
- Contains talc, excessive use is not good for babies
- Superior powder infused with the power of herbs and zinc oxide
- Yashad bhasma (zinc oxide) protects and prevents skin from rashes and infections
- Olive oil and almond oil: vitamin e nourishes the skin and keeps skin soft and moisturized
- Khus grass: keeps skin cool and fresh. Organic : Yes
- Free from parabens, phthalates and synthetic colors, the usual factors for rashes and allergies
#2. Mee Mee Fresh Feel Baby Powder
Mee Mee Fresh Feel Baby Powder is extremely soft and keeps your baby’s skin dry. The powder texture is smooth without any lumps or rough particles, ideal for baby’s soft skin.
The mild good fragrance of this powder can make your baby fresh and pleasant. Apply this baby powder after a bath or a nappy change or just for a day out of your little one. Use on skin folds, buttocks, elbows to prevent skin rashes and irritations due to friction.
Best for – Long-lasting fresh and pleasant smell
- Soft on baby skin
- Mild good fragrance
- Microbiologically tested
- Can use from birth
- Poring holes are bigger than normal and a huge amount of powder comes out.
- Specially made for your babys skin, it keeps the skin fresh and dry.
- Made from high quality and safe materials.
- Completely safe for use.
Also read- Best baby products in India
Best Baby Powder for Summer in India 2021
#3. Chicco Talcum Powder
Chicco baby talcum powder comes with the absorbing property of rice starch which refreshes and softens your baby skin and makes it dry. This enriched rice starch formula makes the skin breathe naturally without clogging skin pores.
This product is clinically tested on sensitive skin and proven to be less prone to skin allergies. Chicco baby powder has a nice fragrance that keeps your baby pleasant all day.
It is better not to apply it near the nose and mouth of your baby as it contains talc.
Best For – Babies with Sensitive skin
- No clogging skin pores
- Alcohol and Paraben free
- Clinically tested
- The presence of talc may cause respiratory issues.
- Chicco Baby Moments Talcum Powder is made using special rice starch formula to help soothe and moisturise baby’s skin without clogging pores. The formula creates a breathable layer on baby’s skin for a soothing and refreshing feel all day long
- Baby’s delicate skin is prone to diaper rash, fabric irritation, etc. Chicco Talcum Powder contains Zinc oxide, Allantoin, and Castor oil to protect and prevent the baby’s skin against rashes
- Keeps Skin Moisture Balance: Chicco Baby Moments Talcum Powder is formulated with moisturising properties to let the skin retain its moisture balance, thus keeping baby’s skin refreshed and soft. When skin stays happy baby stays happy
- Quick-Absorbing Formula: Powder gets quickly absorbed into the skin on applying, thus benefitting the baby's skin from within and preserving against further damage
- Made with ingredients of 100% vegetarian origin, the talcum powder is safe for baby’s skin
#4. Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Dusting Powder
Burt’s Bees dusting powder is a good choice for your baby during the summer season. This talc-free dusting powder helps to treat prickly heat and chafing during weather changes.
This pediatrician tested baby powder is free from parabens, SLS, and phthalates. The corn starch formula is non-irritating and safe for baby’s delicate skin.
The essence of honeyed apricot gives a fresh natural fragrance to the product. Burt’s Bees has the goodness of natural ingredients such as arrowroot powder, calendula flower powder, chamomile powder, plantain leaf powder and marshmallows.
This is not a finely milled dusting powder, appears slightly coarse compared to other talc powders. You should take care while rubbing on your baby in order to avoid discomfort.
Best For – Prickly heat conditions
- 100% natural
- Pediatrician tested
- Natural fragrance
- No paraben, sulphates, phthalates
- Since it is imported from the USA, the cost is on a higher side
- Brand: burt's bees
- Package contents: baby bee dusting powder bottle, 7.5 oz
- Baby bee dusting powder bottle, 7.5 oz
#5. Biotique Disney Mickey Baby Powder
If you need an ayurvedic baby powder with the goodness of basil and red sandalwood, Biotique Disney Mickey baby powder would be the best choice.
Basil is known for its anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties that have the power to heal and refresh the skin. Sandalwood protects from UV rays as well as soothing and pampering the skin tissues.
The other ingredients are neem, tulsi, corn starch, turmeric and margosa. These natural ingredients help in protecting your baby from diaper rash and keep the skin dry and soft.
Apply before going out on a sunny day and protect your baby’s delicate skin from the harmful effects of sun exposure.
Best For – Protection from Sun exposure, UV rays
- Organically pure
- Dermatologically tested
- No artificial preservatives
- No chemicals added
- Ideal for diaper rash
- Sometimes the fragrance feel strong
No products found.
Best Baby Powder for Diaper Rash in India 2021
#6. Sebamed Baby Powder
Sebamed is a recommended brand by pediatricians because of its pH5.5 range of baby products. The micronized form of titanium dioxide in Sebamed baby powder helps in protecting your baby from rubbing and chaffing.
The main ingredients are olive oil and allantoin. Olive oil protects the baby’s skin from drying, keeps soft while allantoin reduces the irritation. Since this powder protects the baby’s skin from friction, it also protects from the diaper rash in babies.
Best For – Baby’s rubbing and chaffing
- The goodness of olive oil and allantoin
- Protects from friction & irritation
- No allergic reactions
- Pleasant botanical fragrance
- Contains talc
- Price is comparatively high
- Made in Germany
- Helps to prevent friction, prevents nappy rash, olive oil soothes and protects baby's skin from dryness, allantoin reduces irritation
- Talc, micronized form of titanium dioxide, extracts of olive oil, allantoin
- To apply, step away from your baby and shake the powder into your hand and don't shake it directly on your baby or nearby and then apply gently to avoid producing a cloud of powder and store the powder out of your baby's reach
- Instructions Included
#7. GAIA Natural Baby Powder
Ideal baby powder with no talc to protect your baby from a nappy rash. GAIA natural baby powder is made from corn starch powder that absorbs the excess moisture from the nappy area, and skin-folds, thereby preventing the baby skin from irritations.
This baby powder has an excellent combination of natural ingredients such as organic lavender oil, sweet orange, chamomile oil, and limonene to fight against baby rashes and allergies Organic lavender is best to soothe and calm the skin.
Apart from this, GAIA baby powder is good to reduce excessive sweating and chafing in the underarms, between the legs and skin folds. The presence of organic lavender gives the product a pleasant fragrance.
Best For – Reduce excess moisture and nappy rash
- Protects from sweating, chafing & nappy rash
- Talc-free product
- Natural ingredients
- Fragrance of lavender
- Product is costly
- Freshen your baby's nappy area at change time gaia natural baby powder is made from talc-free cornstarch powder to absorb excess moisture in your baby's skin folds, keeping your baby drier for longer and helping to avoid nappy rash and skin irritations.
- Certified organic lavender helps to soothe and calm skin - nappy rash and irritation may benefit from gaia natural baby powder.
- We have many success stories from our customers who use gaia natural baby powder under the arms, breasts and between the legs to minimise chafing and reduce sweating.
#8. Pigeon Baby Powder
Pigeon is Japan’s No.1 baby care brand. The baby powder has the qualities of pH balance, hypoallergenic and anti-irritant formulas that make your baby’s delicate skin soft and smooth.
The goodness of natural plant extracts and fragrance of lilac and vanilla makes this baby powder a perfect choice for your little one.
The chamomile extracts help to soothe and relax the irritated skin. Rosehip oil in this baby powder has moisturizing properties that prevent your baby’s skin from drying. Olive oil, a natural emollient deeply moisturizes the baby’s skin thereby prevent rashes.
Pigeon baby powder is ideal for use after a bath, nappy change and around skin foldings.
Note: It is better to keep away from the baby’s nose and mouth to avoid inhalation while applying as the powder contains talc.
Best For – Newborns babies
- Less prone to allergens
- Mild fragrance of Lilac and Vanilla
- pH balanced
- Suitable for newborns & infants
- The powder won’t come out properly through the small holes.
No products found.
Check out – Best baby carrier in India
Best Talc-free Baby Powder in India 2021
#9. Mamaearth Dusting Powder With Organic Oatmeal
Mamaearth baby powder is a highly rated natural dusting powder for babies that contains no talc. This is Asia’s No.1 MedSafe certified brand to follow safety standards. The product is total toxin-free without any chemicals, sulphates and artificial preservatives.
All the ingredients are natural and organic thereby the product is ideal for sensitive baby skin. Lavender oil keeps the skin soft and moisturized.
Organic oatmeal, arrowroot powder and corn starch absorbs the excess moisture from the skin and keeps your baby skin dry and irritant-free.
Mamaearth baby powder is effective rashes prevention. Zinc oxide in the product keeps the skin dry, soothing and free of nappy rashes.
Best For – Dry and irritated baby skin
- No chemicals, SLS, synthetic perfumes, and talc
- Certified toxin-free – Medsafe certified
- Organic ingredients
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- Some people may not feel good on its organic smell
- CALMS & RELAXES BABY'S SKIN: The talc-free dusting powder ensures that the skin stays oil and sweat-free, leaving you with a happy baby.
- BEST FOR DRY & IRRITATED SKIN: A baby’s skin is sensitive and prone to rashes & dryness. The dusting powder ensures that the baby’s skin stays away from dryness and irritation.
- PREVENTS DIAPER RASH: Diaper rashes are common in newborns and infants. Oatmeal and lavender ensure that they prevent and heal the rashes.
- MADE WITH NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Dermatologically tested, the dusting powder is free from Sulfates, Parabens, SLS, Petroleum, artificial preservatives, & colors.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES: The dusting powder is dermatologically tested & is suitable for all skin types.
#10. The Moms Co. Talc-Free Natural Baby Powder with Corn Starch
Corn starch-based baby powder is the best alternative for harmful talc powders. The Moms Co. talc-free baby powder comes with the goodness of organic chamomile oil (deeply nourishes the skin), organic calendula oil (calm the skin), organic jojoba oil (moisturize the skin).
The food-grade corn starch present in the baby powder has the ability to absorb moisture from your baby skin and keep it dry. Excess moisture can be absorbed from skin folds, armpits, neck and nappy area of the baby.
The Moms Co. talc-free baby powder is Australian Medsafe certified allergen and toxic-free.
Best For – Babies of 1 to 3 years
- USDA certified organic oils
- Hypoallergenic properties
- Australia certified allergen-free, toxic-free
- No parabens, sulphated, SLS
- Dermatologically tested
- Granular particles
- Little costly for Indian customers
- TALC-FREE POWDER MADE WITH NATURAL CORN STARCH: The Moms Co. Natural Baby powder is a talc-free baby powder made with Natural corn starch which absorbs moisture and keeps your baby’s chubby folds dry.
- SOOTHES MILD IRRITATIONs: The Moms Co. Natural Baby powder is packed with anti-inflammatory properties of Organic Jojoba Oil which moisturizes and protects the skin.
- CALMS THE SKIN: The Moms Co. Natural Baby powder is enriched with Organic Chamomile Oil which has been known for soothing the skin. It also eases mild skin irritation.
- MOISTURISES & PROTECTS SKIN: The Moms Co. Natural Baby powder is enriched with Calendula Oil, popularly known as the ‘pot marigold’, which has countless benefits for the skin and acts as a great moisturizer for dry skin.
- NATURE IN, TOXINS OUT : The Moms Co. Natural Baby Powder is mineral oil-free and contains no harmful or synthetic ingredients - Our Made Safe, Australia-Certified Toxin-Free and Allergy Free baby powder is from our range of best baby skin-care products. It is made without Mineral Oil, Sulphates (SLS, SLES), Parabens, DEA/TEA, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Fragrances, PEGs, and many other potentially harmful chemicals.
#11. Mother Sparsh Talc-Free Natural Dusting Powder
Mother Sparsh, yet another talc-free dusting powder for babies with organic arrowroot and corn starch. This dusting powder is ideal for absorbing moisture, humidity and sweat.
The anti-microbial properties of the organic ingredients help in preventing your baby from fungal and yeast infections.
Organic arrowroot has the properties of soothing and softening the baby’s skin while corn starch prevents skin allergies, rashes and irritations. Lavender oil gives a pleasant fragrance to this baby powder as well as protects your baby from skin redness.
This paraben-free, ayurvedic baby dusting powder provides a cooling effect to the baby’s skin and keeps it supple. The antiperspirant properties provide quick relief from the heat.
Best For – 0-5 years baby
- Fragrance of lavender
- The goodness of organic ingredients
- Protects from sweat and moisture
- No chemicals, SLS, sulphates
- Price is comparatively on a higher side
- Mother Sparsh dusting powder is made without toxic talc as it contains all natural ingredients which are totally safe for delicate skin of baby
- Contains organic arrow root powder and corn-starch that helps to absorb excess moisture and making baby’s skin soft and silky
- Mother Sparsh dusting powder has ant-microbial property that prevents fungal and yeast infection by absorbing excessive moisture and sweat
- Instructions Included
Both are talc-free and my personal experience suggests that these two are great on baby skin.