There are several baby products available in the market with the potential to enhance your baby care ability significantly.
However, it is very challenging to find the best, especially when you don’t have much time to waste on doing product-centric micro research.
To make it simple, here is a valuable list of baby care products, with details of using them, as your baby grows.
Click Below to Jump Directly to the Topic
- Baby Care Product Use Chart
- Best Baby Care Products in India 2021
- Baby Diapers and Wipes
- Baby Skin Care Products
- Baby Bathing Products
- Baby Grooming Products
- Baby Gears
- Best Baby Feeding Supplies
- Best Baby Bedding Products
- Best Baby Nursery Products
- Best Baby Activity and Entertainment Products
- Best Baby Safety Products
- 15 Best Baby Products Brands in India 2021
Baby Care Product Use Chart
|Sl. No||Product Name||Baby’s age to start with the product|
|3||Baby Lotion||2 months|
|5||Baby Cream||2 months|
|6||Baby Powder||6 months|
|8||Baby Body Wash||1 month|
|9||Baby Shampoo||2 months|
|10||Baby Towel & Washcloths||Newborn|
|12||Baby Laundry Detergents||Newborn|
|13||Baby Toothbrush||6-8 month|
|15||Baby Nail Cutter||3 months|
|16||Baby Stroller||6 months|
|17||Baby Car Seat||8 -12 months|
|18||Baby Carrier||1 month|
|19||Baby Potty||1-2 year|
|20||Baby Bottle||6-8 month|
|21||Baby Sippy Cups||6 months|
|22||Baby Teether||6 months|
|26||Baby Highchair||1 year|
|27||Baby Walker||8-9 months|
Things to consider specially for newborns
You should give special attention to your newborns. Your infants or toddler can even use certain baby products, but not newborns.
Make sure you are aware of the things mentioned below.
- Get expert advice from your doctor for the best products for your newborn baby
- Make sure there won’t be any health issues on using certain baby care products
- Select baby skincare products suitable for the gentle skin of the newborn
- Choose baby care products with bright colors, your baby will enjoy them
- Before buying read product’s label carefully
- Always look for natural and organic products
- Safety should be your prime concern before buying anything for the newborn
Best Baby Care Products in India 2021
Baby Diapers and Wipes
#1. Baby Diapers
Almost all mothers use baby diapers these days for cleanliness and maintaining hygiene.
The wet-control mechanism keeps the baby safe and secure, so you need to be specific about the absorbing capacity of the diaper.
How to choose baby diaper for your kid
- Age & Weight of the baby – Diapers are available in different sizes. The size depends on the age and weight of your baby. The size varies from premature babies to toddlers.
- Skin type – Many brands offer different kinds of diapers to different skin types. You have options for sensitive skin, dry skin, and ectopic skin. Such diapers are gel-based or diapers with skin creams.
- Absorption level – The absorption capacity defines the hours the diaper could hold the wetness without discomfort. This may vary from diaper to diaper.
- Material (Disposable or Cloth) – Cloth diapers are washable and reusable. Disposable diapers can be used until it is soiled, only for one-time use.
- Type of the diaper (Diaper Pants or taped diaper) – Taped diapers are best for newborns to infants as these are easy to tie and remove. You could use diaper pants once s/he gains age and weight.
Things to consider while using baby diaper
Avoid tight fit diapers. This may cause marks and redness around the thighs and waist of your baby. Go for the next size if you can’t loosen the diaper further.
Check for diaper rashes. If you see rashes, then it’s time to change your brand keeping size and skin suitability in mind.
You have to be a little careful about the position of the penis to avoid upward leakage from the waistline.
If your baby’s umbilical cord isn’t fallen, fold down the waistline of the diaper to keep the naval area dry.
Don’t forget to keep the diaper garbage box clean and empty to avoid likely chances of fetid smell and infections.
#2. Baby Wipes
Baby wipes make your life easy as you get ready to use soft fabric to clean your baby whenever required.
On a normal day, you might be changing average 4-5 diapers. Baby wipes could be of great help as you won’t have to wash or clean using the cloth.
How to choose baby wipe for your kid
- Type of wipe (Wet or Dry) – Wet wipes are suitable to clean the bottom of your baby during a diaper change. Dry wipes will be ideal to clean the face and hands as well.
- Hypoallergenic – You need to make sure the material or the ingredients used in the wipes should not cause an allergic reaction.
- Soap-free – Soap is not recommended for newborns and infants. Select soap-free products.
- Paraben-free – The presence of parabens can create harmful effects on your little one.
- pH balanced – It is always recommended to use pH balanced or pH5.5 products to keep the natural moisture layer of the skin.
- Thickness – Thickened wipes help to clean the baby bottom well after a stool pass.
Things to consider while using baby wipes
Buy reusable pack containers and store the refill pack of wipes to avoid extra expenses
Do not flush the wipes. Flushing may create havoc in the plumbing.
It is not necessary to use wipes during every diaper change. Instead, use clothes or a tub wash to keep your baby’s skin safe.
Avoid buying scented wipes as chemical composition could cause irritation.
Always try to buy natural wipes as well as water-based wipes to avoid harmful chemicals.
Baby Skin Care Products
#3. Baby Lotion
Baby lotions are helpful in keeping your baby’s skin hydrated and moisturized all day.
Use mild baby lotions if your baby has developed dry skin, diaper rash or skin allergies.
How to choose baby lotion for your kid
- Hypoallergenic – The lotion should not create skin irritations and allergies
- pH balanced – pH balance in the lotion helps to maintain the moisture barrier of the baby’s skin
- Paraben-Free – These chemical preservatives may badly affect baby’s skin structure
- No Propylene Glycol, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Quaternium-15 – These chemicals may lead to hormone imbalance in your baby
- No artificial fragrances – The artificial fragrances used in the baby lotions can badly affect your baby’s health
Things to consider while using baby lotion
Take a small portion of lotion on your palms and give a massage on your baby using the fingers.
Avoid using several body lotions all at once.
Make sure your sharp nails are removed while you are applying lotion on the baby’s body.
Areas like ankles, elbows, and hands may dry faster than other parts of the body.
#4. Baby Oil
Massaging with a baby oil creates a bonding between you and your little one.
Oil massaging could relax the tiny bones and muscles of your baby and help in soothing dry, rough patches. Hair oil nourishes and strengthens the scalp and hair strands.
How to choose baby oil for your kid
- Type of oil (Massage or hair) – There are two types of baby oils available in the market, hair oils and massage oils
- Type of skin structure – You can select the oils based on the skin structure of your baby like oils for dry skin, sensitive skin and eczema skin
- No dyes, parabens, alcohol – Avoid using baby oils infused with chemicals
- Hypoallergenic – Make sure the oil is free of adverse allergic reactions
- Free from sulphates and phthalates – These chemicals may create skin irritation in babies.
Things to consider while using baby oil
Do not give an oil massage immediately after breastfeeding or eating. It may cause vomiting.
Apply more oil on the dry parts of the body to moisturize it properly.
Prefer to use edible oils, sometimes the oil may get into their mouth.
Oil massage helps to overcome certain health issues in babies like gastric pain, colic, and constipation.
#5. Baby Cream
Baby creams help in moisturizing and preserving the skin’s natural softness through the presence of rich emollients. They are useful to avoid rubbed elbows, chapped knees and tender noses.
How to choose baby cream for your kid
- Type of cream – There are different types of baby creams available in the market, such as diaper rash creams, and skin moisture creams
- Baby skin type – Use creams that are suitable for your baby skin. There are different creams for different skin types, like dry skin, oily skin or sensitive skin
- Consistency – Creams with a thick consistency will be suitable for dry skin types
- Parabens and sulphates free – Make sure the ingredients are free from harsh chemicals and preservatives
- No allergic reactions – Select products that have hypoallergenic properties
Things to consider while using baby creams
Make sure you have selected the right cream. Either for a diaper rash or a moisturizing cream.
Apply the moisturizing baby cream after a regular bath. If it is a diaper rash cream, apply an even layer of cream on the bottom of your baby after every diaper change.
Make sure you have sanitized your hands well enough to avoid the spread of germs.
No need to apply large quantities of oil on your newborn’s skin because newborn skin does not absorb it well.
#6. Baby Powder
Baby powders help in preventing skin irritations, reducing excessive sweating and diaper rashes prevention.
How to choose baby powder for your kid
- Type of baby powder (based on talc or cornstarch) – Talc based baby powder can create respiratory issues in babies. Cornstarch based powders contain bigger particles thereby baby inhalation chances are less.
- Paraben-free – Parabens are extremely harmful to the baby skin
- Hypoallergenic – The powder should not create skin allergies
- Mild fragrance – Artificial fragrances are chemical ingredients, not good for babies
Things to consider while using baby powder
It is always recommended to use talc-free powder for babies. If you prefer to use talcum powders make sure your baby isn’t inhaling the powder.
Avoid applying the powder on the face and genitals.
Choose natural and ayurvedic powders that are good for delicate baby skin.
Make sure the residuals of powder are smoothly removed while bathing the baby.
Baby Bathing Products
#7. Baby Soap
Baby soaps play a vital role in cleaning the gentle skin of babies. A baby soap should protect the structure of the baby’s soft skin and protect it from dryness, irritation and rashes.
How to choose baby soap for your kid
- pH balanced – pH balanced baby soap will keep the moisture barrier of the skin to protect from the attack of germs.
- Paraben-free – Parabens are not good for baby skin
- Hypoallergenic – Avoid using allergy creating harsh soaps
- Tear Free – Baby should not create irritation on the baby eyes
- Mild Lather – Soap with no lather or mild lather is good for baby skin to avoid dryness
- No Fragrance – Natural fragrances are always good for babies. Artificial fragrances always contain chemicals that can be harmful to the baby skin
Things to consider while using baby soap
Always use small quantities of baby soap otherwise it may dry soft skin. Also, gently cleanse the body parts, no harsh cleaning.
Do not apply soap directly on the baby’s skin. Apply soap on a wet washcloth, then clean the body with the washcloth.
It is good to apply a baby lotion or baby cream to lock the skin moisture after a soap bath.
#8. Baby Body Wash
Baby Body Wash helps in the gentle cleansing of delicate baby skin while replenishing it with essential nutrients.
How to choose a baby body wash for your kid
- Hypoallergenic -Body wash with hypoallergenic properties helps in protecting the baby’s skin from allergic reactions.
- Tear Free – You should select the baby body wash with a tear-free formula so that your baby eyes don’t get irritated during bath.
- Mild Lather – Lathering can make the baby skin dry.
- No chemicals, parabens – Avoid products with chemicals, sulphates, dyes, alcohol and parabens, those are harmful to the delicate baby skin.
- No or Mild Fragrance – Go for products with natural fragrances or select products with no fragrance.
Things to consider while using baby body wash
Take the body wash on a wet washcloth, then wet the baby’s body and clean using the washcloth with the body wash. Avoid using directly on the skin.
Make sure you have rinsed your baby’s body thoroughly after the bath using body wash. The lather shouldn’t be there on the skin. Pat dry and apply a baby lotion or cream.
#9. Baby Shampoo
Using a good baby shampoo not only protects the delicate scalp of your little one but also makes the hair locks shiny, and tangle-free. The baby shampoo helps in nourishing the scalp and hair roots.
How to choose baby shampoo for your kid
- Mild lather – A large amount of lather can create skin irritation in babies
- Hypoallergenic – Choose products that are less prone to allergens
- pH balanced – Helps to protect the natural skin barrier to lock moisture
- Tear-free formula – Select products with tear-free ingredients otherwise the shampoos become harmful to your baby’s eyes.
- Free from artificial colors, parabens and sulphates – These chemicals and synthetic colors may lead to a change in skin structure.
- Toxic-free ingredients – Avoid shampoos with toxic chemical as ingredients
Things to consider while using baby shampoo
Avoid too much shampooing on your baby’s delicate hair, this may leave the hair strands dry and unhealthy. Shampooing twice a week is sufficient.
A coin size of shampoo is enough for one time use on your baby’s hair.
Prefer choosing natural or organic shampoos.
#10. Baby Towel & Washcloths
Baby towels help in absorbing the water from your baby body after a bath. Washcloths can be used instead of baby wipes to clean the bottom of your baby. It is very useful for keeping your baby clean and dry.
How to choose baby towel & Washcloths for your kid
- The material used – Cotton fabric is always better to use washcloths and towels for cleaning purpose
- Age & Weight of your baby – Select small or large towels based on your baby age and weight
- Absorbing capacity – It should have a good absorbing capacity to absorb water or urine
- Washable – It should be machine or hand washable.
- Durable – Long lasting quality is important for towels and washcloths
Things to consider while using baby towel & washcloths
Make sure you have smoothly absorbed the water from your baby’s skin using the towels. Avoid rough use.
Do not rub the skin using towels or washcloths. It may cause irritation or redness on your baby’s skin.
Clean and wash the towels after each use and dry them on sunlight to prevent growing bacteria and germs.
#11. Baby Bathing Tubs
A bathtub is one of the most essential things for your baby to give him a proper bath with maximum comfort and safety.
How to choose baby bathing tubs for your kid
- Type of tub (foldable or inflatable or plain) – Foldable tubs and inflatable tubs are convenient for traveling as well as storage. Select the bathtub based on the age of your baby.
- BPA free material – When you are selecting plastic baby tubs make sure it is BPA free
- Easy to storage and carry – Select bathtub which is easy to carry while you are traveling
- Convenient spacing – You should find out whether there is enough space is provided in the tub for your baby to take a convenient bath
Things to consider while using baby bathtubs
Use bathtub seats only when your child is able to sit without assistance. This will give you the much-needed flexibility in bathing your baby.
Never leave your baby unattended in the tub.
Beware of the slippery surfaces of the tub in case you are using a plastic tub. Always hold them firmly.
Clean the tub well after every bath, do not make it a hub for germs to grow.
#12. Baby Laundry Detergents
Baby laundry detergents are normally free of harsh chemicals. These detergents are safe for use on the sensitive skin of your baby.
How to choose baby laundry detergents
- Free from dyes – Artificial dyes can damage the clothes as well as irritate the baby skin
- No artificial fragrances – Scented fragrances can annoy your child
- Hypoallergenic – The ingredients should not trigger an allergic reaction
- Hard water detergent – Select detergents which are suitable to use on hard water areas
- Natural or organic – A few detergents are natural or organic. You can select such detergents if you do not want to use the ordinary ones.
- Detergent type – You can select either liquid or powder type detergents.
Things to consider while using baby laundry detergents
Make sure you have washed and rinsed the baby clothes well enough after using detergents. It is recommended to use handwash for baby’s clothes though if you are in a hurry, give 2-3 rinses while on machine wash.
Do not leave any detergent residues on the baby’s clothes after washing as it may cause skin allergies.
Baby Grooming Products
#13. Baby Toothbrush
Brushing helps in the proper dental care of your kid.
A decayed tooth can interrupt the speech development as well as proper nutrition of your baby. The toothbrush plays a vital role in making your baby’s hygiene better.
How to choose baby brush for your kid
- Type of brush – There are various styles of baby toothbrushes available like baby gum brush, teether toothbrush, tiny toothbrush, and a toddler toothbrush. You can select the best one based on your baby age and growth of the teeth.
- Size – Always select toothbrush with a small head and proper grip to hold
- Toy type – Certain toothbrushes are built-in with tiny toys, this will encourage your kid to brush without giving much stress.
Things to consider while using a baby toothbrush
You should brush them gently. Pass the brush gently inside and outside of the baby’s teeth.
Use a small amount (just like a dot) of toothpaste to brush your baby. Do not take in a large quantity in order to avoid swallowing.
If you use a large amount of toothpaste, it may cause fluorosis, a condition arises by the high content of fluoride in the paste – white spots on the teeth.
Replace the toothbrush with a new one as soon as the brush bristles look apart.
Always use the proper size toothbrush otherwise it may hurt your baby gums.
#14. Baby Comb
Combing baby’s hair daily helps in stimulating the blood vessels of the scalp of your little one as well as stimulating the nervous system. Baby combs are designed to be gentle on your baby hairs.
How to choose baby comb for your kid
- Soft bristles – Bristles should be soft enough to avoid hurting your baby
- Natural combs – Certain combs are made with wood plant-derived bristles.
- Cradle cap – Comb for grooming cradle caped newborns.
Things to consider while using a baby comb
Always use the right type of combs for your little one. Gently groom your baby’s hair, combing should not hurt their delicate skin.
Avoid using your own combs for your little one as it is an easy way to spread bacterias as well as dandruff to the hair of your little one.
Wash, clean and dry your baby combs often to prevent the growth of bacteria.
#15. Baby Nail Cutter
You might find clipping the nails of your baby a little stressful. But if you are using a baby nail cutter you can easily clip the extra nails.
How to choose baby nail cutter for your kid
- Types of nail cutters – Normal as well as electronic cutters are there in the market
- Age of your baby – Size of the nail cutters for infants and toddlers
- Extra features – Baby nail cutters are available with extra features like an in-built light or magnifier
Things to consider while using a baby nail cutter
Cutting nails while your baby is sleeping is the best time. You can try clipping after the bath.
Take care to avoid injury to the cute little fingers while you are in a hurry to clip the nails.
Remove the waste nails immediately, your little one may swallow it accidentally.
Prefer using an emery board for your newborn, a nail cutter won’t be suitable for them.
#16. Baby Stroller
Baby strollers help in the comfortable transportation of your baby.
A stroller is an easy way to make your baby roam around or to make him eat food while enjoying the surroundings.
How to choose baby strollers for your kid
- Canopy – A canopy is the most essential feature for a stroller to go out during sunny days and even in a rainy day
- Position adjustment – Height and arm position adjustments help in the comfortable seating of your baby
- Safety belt – is important and it should be there in a stroller to avoid slipping of the baby from the seat
- Wheel lock and unlock features – Wheel locking helps in preventing the movements of the baby when you are not beside the baby
- Wheel brake – Breaks helps in preventing slipping on flat surfaces. It should give a firm grip on the surface
- Washable material – The fabric and covers should be removable and washable
Things to consider while using baby strollers
Always make the baby wear the seat belts to avoid accidental injuries.
You could use strollers for your newborns, as well, but make sure you have selected a padded seat stroller for your newborn.
Adjust the canopy position in order to save the baby from UV rays or rain or wind while going out for a walk.
Store baby essentials like feeding bottles, wipes and toys in the storage pocket provided below the stroller seat.
#17. Baby Car Seat
Baby car seats are the best option to keep your little one safe when you can’t carry them in your hands or lap while traveling.
How to choose baby strollers for your kid
- Adjustable headrest – Height of the headrest should be adjustable while sitting or sleeping
- Position adjustment – Sitting and sleeping position adjustment for a comfortable travel
- Safety belt harness system – Safety is the most important criteria when your baby is on a car seat thereby seat belts are compulsory
- Removable outer covers to clean – The outer cover should be easy to remove and wash
- Option to remove and fit the seats
Things to consider while using baby car seats
You should use the car seat suitable for your baby’s age and weight.
Never use a second-hand car seat or a crashed one for your baby. They can hurt your baby.
Always place the baby car seats in the back seat. Do not fix the baby car seat in front of the car if the car has an airbag.
#18. Baby Carrier
A baby carrier or baby sling is the most convenient way to hold your infants with the support of clothes.
Your baby may feel comfortable in a baby carrier as your baby stays closer to your body.
How to choose a baby carrier for your kid
- Type of carriers – In a front carrier your baby will be very close to your chest, it has two shoulder straps that support a cloth seat. A sling carrier is slightly loose and is more suitable if you are breastfeeding your baby often. A wrap is a wide piece of fabric that is worn around the body and shoulders. This is more comfortable for you while breastfeeding.
- Comfort – You should check the comfort of you and your baby before buying one. Look for padded seats that won’t hurt your baby as well as your shoulders.
- Nursing friendly – Buy the carrier which is more suitable for breastfeeding
Things to consider while using baby carriers
As a safety measure, always make sure the buckles and belts are properly tightened and your baby is safe on the carrier.
Take advice from your doctor to use a sling if your baby is below 4 months old.
Make sure you can see the face and eyes of your little one when he is in the carrier.
#19. Baby Potty
Baby potty helps your baby to practice toilet training in their infant to toddler days.
How to choose a baby potty for your kid
- Type of potty (Flush or seat type) – Flush type gives your baby a real feeling of an adult toilet. Seat type is the most common potty for babies.
- Safety – Stable seat and firm grip is important
- Potty fit and size – Your baby could sit comfortably, select based on your baby age and weight.
- Easy for emptying – You could empty the stool and urine easily from the potty
Things to consider while using baby potty
Make sure your baby is comfortable sitting on the potty seat. The potty needs to be stable on the surface.
Take all the necessary safety steps to avoid accidental injuries.
Maintain the hygiene of the baby potty. Clean and dry to avoid spreading bacteria.
Best Baby Feeding Supplies
#20. Baby Bottle
It’s time to change to baby bottles for feeding while your baby grows up. You can use baby bottles to feed your baby with milk /breast milk /water.
How to choose a baby bottle for your kid
- Material – If you are using a plastic bottle, make sure it is BPA free. Steel and glass bottles are also available.
- Bottle Size – Select different sizes of bottles from 120 ml to 300 ml
- Nipple size – Nipple size changes from newborns to infants
- Shape – Select a shape which is easy to hold by your kid, also with handles
- Flow – Select bottles with different flow controls. The number of holes starts at 1.
- Travel-friendly – Buy leakproof bottles that are ideal for traveling
- Maintenance – Easy to clean and sterilize
Things to consider while using baby bottles
You need to clean or sterilize the bottles before use. Avoid using common detergents, buy cleansers available for babies.
Plastic bottles are convenient for babies for self-feeding.
#21. Baby Sippy Cups
Make your baby practice with sippy cups so that they can drink themselves from a cup instead of using nipple type bottles.
How to choose a baby sippy cup for your kid
- Spill-proof – Spill-proof cups are easy for traveling. Your baby can easily handle them
- Cups with handles – Handles give proper grip to hold
- BPA free – Go for BPA free plastic bottles which are safe for your baby
Things to consider while using baby sippy cups
While you are introducing a sippy cup to your baby, make sure it is filled with familiar fluids like breast milk or formula milk so that your baby feels happy to drink from the cup.
Do not make a rush, give them enough time to get used to the sippy cups. Breastfeeding babies may find it difficult to get attached to the new feeding method.
#22. Baby Teether
When your baby is at 7-8 months, he may show the symptoms of teething. They may have pain and agony, they may show eagerness to chew something.
This is the best time to introduce baby teethers to make them happy while struggling with teething difficulties.
How to choose a baby teether for your kid
- Easy-grip – You little one could hold the teether easily
- Toy type – Babies like toy type teethers
- Texture – Select different types of texture designs
- Washable – Can be washable
- Safe Material – Material should be of standard safety grade
Things to consider while using baby teethers
Always use strong teethers, they should not break quickly because of continuous chewing.
Make sure the teethers are sanitized properly. Do not use the same teethers for different babies.
Best Baby Bedding Products
#23. Baby Blanket
In the first few months of birth, your baby will sleep for an average of 17-18 hours daily.
Warm and comfortable blankets play a very important role in a sound sleep, thereby in healthy natural growth.
How to choose a baby blanket for your kid
- Material – Blanket material should be breathable and gentle on the sensitive skin of the baby
- Size – Standard baby blanket sizes are from 45” x 45” to 45” x 60”.
- Safety – Do not buy blankets with loose threads, fringes or ribbons.
- No Overheating – Select blanket which is suitable for the weather
Things to consider while using baby blankets
Wash and dry well before using a newly bought blanket. Also, wash often because a blanket may contain baby urine and stool.
Use lightweight blankets for summer and thick blankets for winter.
#24. Baby Swaddler
Swaddling gives comfort to your newborn as in the mother’s womb.
Swaddling resembles the ancient practice of snugly wrapping the newborn with clothes. Swaddling helps in soothing the baby when he is over-stimulated.
How to choose a baby Swaddler for your kid
- Type of Swaddler – Plain blanket, zipper and velcro based and wrapping
- Material – Muslin and cotton blankets are available for swaddling
- Size – Select the appropriate size depends on your baby
- Safety – The fabric should be stretchable, and do not hurt the baby with its zipper buckles or velcros.
- Washable – The swaddler should be easily washable
Things to consider while using baby Swaddler
Avoid swaddling tightly, it may affect your baby’s mobility and development. Give space to move the legs and feet, bend legs
Stop swaddling when your baby shows signs to turn on the sides and on the tummy.
If you wish to swaddle your baby, start from the birth itself. Do not start swaddling once your baby becomes 2-3 months old.
Chances of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) is high at this stage.
Best Baby Nursery Products
#25. Baby Cradle
Make your baby sleep on a cradle as this makes him feel free and gain enough confidence to sleep separately while growing up.
How to choose a baby cradle for your kid
- Right Size – Select a match fit with your baby size, not too large or too small. Cradle should be spacious and convenient for your baby to sleep and play
- Firm bedding – The bedding should be firm, not soft. Soft or fluffy mattresses can cause suffocation
- Swing and lock – Safety is important while swinging the cradle. Wheel locks, as well as fitted beddings, are important
- Portability & Ease of installation – If you are a frequent traveler, select cradles with portable features.
Things to consider while using baby cradles
You should take all kinds of safety measures when your baby is in a cradle. Check the wheel locks, side rails, and sturdy support in order to avoid accidental injuries.
Use a cradle with a mosquito net if you are in a mosquito prone area.
#26. Baby Highchair
Baby hair chair helps your baby feel comfortable and safe at mealtimes.
How to choose a baby high chair for your kid
- Sturdy Harness – Sturdy harness system helps the baby safe and secure while eating or playing
- Adjustable height – Height adjustable highchair helps to save your money while your baby grows, there is no need to buy a new one.
- Comfortable position – Sturdy back with footrest helps in the comfortable seating of your baby
Things to consider while using a baby highchair
Start using a high chair for your baby while he can sit without your support.
Clean the chair often to prevent the spread of bacteria.
Best Baby Activity and Entertainment Products
#27. Baby Walker
You can use a baby walker to entertain your baby as well as to develop certain body muscles.
How to choose a baby walker for your kid
- Easy to maneuver – Do not buy heavy walkers or walkers that causing too much friction on the floor
- Adjustable height – Height adjustment helps in using the walker for several months
- Padded seat – Look for padded seats, normal seats can hurt your baby
- The grip on the floor – Make sure the walker is sturdy and safe to use on the floor with good grip
- Additional entertainment -Toys and music can help your baby enjoy his walker ride
Things to consider while using a baby walker
Check whether your baby can sit and stand comfortably in the walker. Give utmost care to the safety of your baby. He should not fall down from the walker. Also, avoid walkers with sharp edges.
Use wheel lock and rubber grip walkers to ensure the safety of your child.
If you buy a foldable walker you can free up some space in your room.
#28. Baby Playmats
Baby playmats are intended for infants who aren’t quite crawling. Playmats provide hours of entertainment, fun and safety to your babies while you are doing some work.
How to choose a baby playmat for your kid
- Bright & Colorful – Your baby would love bright and colorful playmats
- Washable – Easy to clean and wash
- Portable – Travel-friendly
- Extra features – Visual representations of animals or birds would be a delight for the kid
Things to consider while using a baby playmat
Always use playmats with contrasting colors which can stimulate your baby’s vision.
Make sure the fabric used for the playmat should not hurt the baby’s skin.
Best Baby Safety Products
#29. Baby Gate
A baby gate can help in the safety of babies while they are near the stairs, kitchen or balcony. Also, you can use a gate to avoid pets from entering the baby’s room.
How to choose a baby gate for your kid
- Pick the right type – Pressure mounted or hardware mounted
- Type of material (metal, wood, plastic) – Should be firm and sturdy whichever material has selected
- Safety standards – should tightly be fixed on the walls or on doors or the passages
Things to consider while using a baby gate
Take the perfect measurement of the passages that you want to put the gates and buy the gate with appropriate dimensions.
Anchor the gate safely in the stairways or doorway.
15 Best Baby Products Brands in India 2021
Here is a list of popular brands in India that are specialized in baby care products manufacturing.
- Baby Dove
- The Moms Co.
- Johnson and Johnson
- Mother Care
- Mee Mee
- Rustic Art
It is not necessary to use all the baby products for your baby. Use the products that your baby might need for healthy growth.
Finally, you should be aware of all the required safety measures as well as the cost involved.