Last Update- Jan 23 2019
As a new mom, it was a hard time for me to handle my 8-month-old tangled hair and makes it nourished and healthy all the time. But that hard time turned me to do my own research about best baby shampoos available in the market. Being as a responsible parent we must carefully check and analyze the ingredients which are not harmful to our little one’s delicate scalp.
Here is a list of important parameters you have to check before purchasing a random baby shampoo from the market.
- No Tear Formula
- Hypoallergenic Formula
- pH balanced
- Mild lather
- Synthetic Colours
The best way is to go for organic products for your baby but sometimes which won’t be a good choice for everyone because of the high prices as well as the limited number of quality brands easily available in the market.
In order to make things easier for you, I segregated the below list of best baby shampoos from my personal experiences, which includes organic products as well as products with relatively harmless ingredients.
Our Pick for Best Baby Shampoo[amazon table=”2310″]
Cetaphil Baby Shampoo and Wash is a pH balanced, tear free, soap free, and dermatologically tested baby product, enriched with Chamomile (soothe scalp irritation and nourish your baby hair), Wheat Protein (repair damaged hair, thicken and add volume to thinning hair) and Glycerin (works as a conditioner)
This German imported baby shampoo is gentle enough on your newborn’s hair. It lathers well and gently cleanses your baby’s delicate hair without drying and leaving it with a soft, good fragrance.
Best For: Ideal for Infants with normal skin
- Ideal to use as a shampoo as well as body wash
- Paraben-Free, Soap Free and Tear Free
- Pediatrician and dermatologist recommended
- The cap prevents spillage, which makes it a travel-friendly packaging
- The scented fragrance may not be a good choice for babies with sensitive skin. Chances to get irritated while bathing.
If you are looking for a lightly scented baby shampoo and wash which needs to be gentle on your baby’s sensitive skin and dry hairs, Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo is a perfect choice.
This Aveeno Baby shampoo could do a great work to remove oil, dirt, and dried baby food residues from your kid’s hair with a soap-free easy lathering.
Natural Oats extract, one of the main ingredient of Aveeno baby shampoo provides the best soothing effect on your child’s scalp and skin. Natural Oats works as a great nourishing agent on your baby’s delicate skin.
The shampoo bottle is designed in such a way that it is easy to handle without slippering while you give the bath to your baby.
Best For: Ideal for infants and babies with dry hair and sensitive skin
- pH 5.5 balanced
- Contains natural Oats extract
- Paraben-Free, Soap Free and Tear Free
- Easy lathering
- Bottle designed to close and open easily with a single hand while give bathing
- It has a thicker consistency for precise dispensing
- A bit pricey compared with other brands.
Chicco No Tears Shampoo is suitable for infants which are clinically tested on baby’s sensitive skin. It’s No Tear formula is derived from Pot Marigold (commonly called as calendula) which has to soften properties to moisturize and prevent the formation of tangles on the hair.
If you are looking for a mild shampoo at an affordable price at the same time expecting the value for money, go for this No Tear Chicco baby shampoo.
This Italian brand baby shampoo gently cleanses your baby’s delicate hair and scalp without irritating the eyes.
It is available to purchase in two different packages, 200 ml, and 500ml. The 200 ml bottle lasts for 1-2 months.
Best For: Infants with dry and tangled hair
- Tear Free and Paraben-Free
- Contains Natural Pot Marigold (has softening properties)
- Mild Fragrance
- Formulated to reduce skin allergies
- The bottle has a flip top-cap which prevents the leakage
- No harmful preservatives
- Have chances to dry up further in certain hair structures
- Have to squeeze the bottle hard to get the shampoo out
When it comes to a mild baby shampoo, Mee Mee Mild baby shampoo with Fruit Extracts is the complete solution for your baby’s scalp and hair. The No Tear formula and the conditioner inside the shampoo make the scalp and hair clean well without irritating your little one’s eyes and the delicate skin.
This Mee Mee Baby Shampoo is derived from natural fruit extracts makes it ideal to use for newborns.
It is dermatologically tested, hypoallergenic, and clinically tested safe on baby skin.
Best For: Newborns as well as babies having atopic skin
- Contains No Tear Formula
- Makes the baby hair soft and healthy
- It has a mild good fragrance
- Contains Natural fruit extracts
- Lathers well. A coin size of shampoo is enough for one time bath
- Chances to dry up baby’s hair
Best Organic Baby Shampoo
#5. The Moms Co. Tear-Free Natural Baby Shampoo with USDA-Certified Organic Argan and Moringa Seed Oils
The Moms Co. Tear-Free Natural Baby Shampoo is rich in organic ingredients which help in hair growth and nourishment. It contains the USDA certified (95% or ingredients are organic) organic Argan Oil and Moringa Oil which helps to moisturize, nourish, and strengthen the baby hair.
This Moms Co.baby shampoo is a good option when you need an organic baby shampoo with a pH of 5.5 at an affordable price.
Best For Babies up to 3 years
- Pro-Vitamin B5 to help hair growth
- Coconut-based cleansers for No-Tear formula
- Organic ingredients like argan oil and moringa oil
- Mild lather
- Free of parabens and sulfates
- Chances to make rough and dry hair in certain hair structures
- Not easily available to buy from offline stores
This soap-free dermatologically tested Mom & World Tear Free Baby Shampoo with Organic Moroccan Argan Oil and Oats Extract is a complete organic hair protector for newborns, babies, kids, and teens in your family.
Mom & World Tear Free Organic Baby Shampoo contains a natural blend of organic argan oil, almond oil, aloe vera, oat extract, wheat germ extract and glycerine which makes the hair looks shiny and healthy all time.
The Tear-free formula of this baby shampoo will protect your little one’s sensitive skin and eyes from irritation while bathing. It gently cleanses and leaving your baby’s hair soft, manageable with a mild good fragrance.
Best For: Infants and babies of sensitive skin
- It removes dryness and moisturizes the hair effectively
- Free from sulfates, parabens, synthetic perfumes, and dyes
- Dermatologically tested
- Mildness tested
- Have a lockable dispenser in the bottle which protects spillage
- Transparent liquid
- Offline availability is an issue
Nurture My Body Fragrance-Free Organic Baby Shampoo & Body Wash is an organic baby product made in the USA, which contains 10 certified organic ingredients.
Those ingredients are,
- Rose Geranium Flowers
- Rose Geranium Leaf
- Lavender Flowers
- Comfrey Root
- Pot Marigold
- Oat Straw
- Chamomile Flowers
- Sea Buckthorn
The combination of these organic natural ingredients makes this baby shampoo perfect for babies with sensitive skin types.
If you are searching for a VEGAN baby shampoo for your little one, Nurture My Body Fragrance-Free Organic Baby Shampoo & Body is the best choice in the market options.
Best For: Babies with a sensitive skin
- Certified Vegan product
- This fragrance-free, chemical free, no-tear baby shampoo & body wash perfectly cleanses your baby’s scalp, hair, and skin from dirt, oil and food residues.
- Packaged in BPA-free, recyclable, and ultraviolet-proof PET plastic bottles
- Costly as its imported from the USA
This US imported, 99.9% natural Burt’s Bees – Baby Bee Shampoo & Wash is perfect on your little one’s sensitive skin which can use as a shampoo as well as a body wash. Also, a good choice to calm down the newborn’s cradle cap.
This baby shampoo contains soy proteins enriched with Vitamin B and glycerine, which nourish and moisturize your baby scalp and hair.
Best For: Babies of sensitive and allergy prone skin
- 99.9% Natural Product
- pH balanced and Tear-Free Formula
- Paediatrician tested shampoo
- Free from parabens
- Mild fragrance of Honey
- Eyes may sting while bathing
GAIA Natural Baby Shampoo is a great choice for infants with Cradle Cap (crusting and white or yellow scales on baby’s scalp). The moisturizing properties of the ingredients prevent your baby’s scalp from becoming dry or flaky to minimize cradle cap.
Its major ingredients are organic evening primrose oil which softens and condition baby’s scalp and hair, along with organic chamomile which brightens the hair leaving your baby’s hair soft and shiny. Other ingredients are coconut, panthenol, organic sweet orange, organic avocado oil, and organic lavender.
Best For: Infants with cradle cap
- Best option to reduce cradle cap in infants
- Gentle on baby hair, tear-free formula
- pH neutral, gentle on baby hair
- The natural fragrance of organic sweet orange
- Organic Ingredients, free from harmful chemicals
- Soap and Sulphate free
- Bit pricey compared with other brands
Mothercare All We Know Baby Shampoo contains natural extracts of Olive oil which encourages the hair growth and Chamomile which soothes your baby’s delicate skin.
Midwife tested, Tear-Free, Mothercare Baby Shampoo is added with a mild conditioner which leaves your baby’s hair clean, soft, and shiny.
It is an affordable product to everyone who is searching for a good baby shampoo for their toddlers.
Best For: Kids with hair falling issues
- It leaves a natural shine on your baby’s hair
- Midwife- and dermatologically tested
- Natural extract of Olive Oil and Chamomile
- No-Tear formula
- It contains sodium sulfate and paraben
Sebamed Children’s shampoo is one of the best choices for cleansing the fine hair and delicate scalp of babies and children. With its pH 5.5 formula, Sebamed shampoo makes your child’s scalp always hydrated and strengthens for optimal hair growth.
Its soap-free formula minimizes the risk of dryness or irritation while bathing. The herbal extract of Chamomile alleviates irritation, prevents allergy and soothes the skin.
Best For Babies and children with a sensitive scalp
- Ideal for sensitive scalp
- pH 5.5 balanced
- Tear-free formula
- Consolidates the resistance of baby’s delicate skin
- Mild lather
- Useful to reduce dandruff
- Chances of leakage while transporting.
As its name indicates, the unique blend of herbs (chickpea, hibiscus, and khus grass) makes Himalaya Herbals Shampoo a good option for kid’s gentle scalp. Chickpea has anti-dandruff properties and hibiscus acts as a natural conditioner while Khus grass keeps the scalp cool and dry.
This gentle baby shampoo is enriched with natural sources of proteins to nourish the scalp which improves the hair structure and leaves it soft and shiny.
Best For Kids having dandruff
- Best to reduce dandruff
- Herbal Product
- Tear Free Formula
- Free from parabens and sulfates
- Less prone to allergic reactions
- Affordable price and easily available
- Not suited for an oily hair
Spoo Tear Free shampoo is the product of well-known baby care brand Curatio Healthcare. It is specially designed to work on baby’s soft and sensitive hair. If you are looking for an anti-dandruff baby shampoo, Spoo is a good choice.
It has a soap-free and tear-free formula which prevents irritation to the skin and eyes of your children while bathing.
It is recommended to use from 18 months onwards.
Best For: Children with dandruff and sensitive skin
- Best to treat dandruff
- It is transparent, no synthetic colors added
- Paraben and sulfate free
- Useful to remove cradle cap
- The price is slightly on a higher side
Though these are the best baby shampoos available in the market, there are few more baby shampoos with comparatively good reviews. Few of them are,
- Johnson’s Baby No More Tears Shampoo – A mild baby shampoo which prevents irritations, redness and stinging.
- MamaEarth Gentle Cleansing Shampoo for babies – A good choice to use on children up to 5 years.
- Baby Dove Rich Moisture Shampoo – It is aimed to keep the baby scalp and hair moisturized all day long.