Last Updated- 12nd March 2020
Baby skin loses moisture faster than adult skin, thereby it’s a must to keep your little one’s skin hydrated and nourished at all times. You have to find the best baby soap in India from the market options based on your baby’s skin type, climate, and age.
It’s a difficult task to pick the right baby soap from a huge variety of soaps in the market. Almost all of them mentioned as natural, mild, gentle and safe to use. But, how do you know the right product for your baby?
The skin type may vary in each kid. One may have a dry skin, and the other may have an itchy skin. Like I tried to use the Johnson & Johnson for my little one but it rashed her skin then I started to use DermaDew baby soap and it really helped to reduce skin dryness, itching and make it smooth and soft.
As a new parent, you should know certain important parameters while selecting the right baby soap for your little one.
- pH Value (close to 7)
- Tear Free
- Mild Lather
- Mild Fragrance
pH value of baby soap is an important criterion to make sure it is tear free. The pH of the eyes is close to 7. The pH of skin and hair is 4.5 to 6. So, pH balance in a baby soap implies pH matching of the pH of baby’s skin and hair, that is 4.5 to 6. Normally, baby soaps keep a pH value closest to 7, ie pH of water (neutral: neither acidic nor alkaline) which won’t give irritation to eyes, mouth, nose or other orifices.
Now, let us have a look at the best baby soap available in the Indian market.
Our Best Pick Baby Soaps in India 2020
#1. Sebamed Baby Cleansing Bar
Often says that Sebamed Baby Cleansing Bar is a pediatrician recommended baby soap for newborns. It is suitable for all most all type of skin types because of its pH value, 5.5.
It contains a moisturizing complex of wheat germ oil, vitamins, and amino acids.
This German-made baby soap is 100% soap free, provides mild cleansing of baby’s delicate skin, making the skin smooth and soft and minimizing the risk of dryness and irritation.
The shape is quite good to hold tightly and easy to make a fine lather on your baby skin.
It may melt real fast and dissolve in water more often, so make sure to keep it in a dry place.
Best For: Ideal for skin types having pimples, blackheads and skin impurities
- 100% soap free and alkali-free (pH 5.5)
- Ideal to treat dryness and irritation
- Best for delicate and sensitive skin
- Easy to dissolve in water and melt fast while bathing
- Baby cleansing bar. Contains emollients that protect against dryness during cleansing
- Recommended dosage/application : For daily use as a cleansing bar
- Direction for Use: Apply Sebamed Baby Cleansing Soap gently on baby's wet face and body. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water ; Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from direct sunlight
#2. Himalaya Gentle Baby Soap
Himalaya Gentle Baby soap is recommended for daily use and ideal for babies with normal skin type. It gently cleanses and conditions baby’s skin effectively.
Coming to the ingredients, it has the goodness of Olive and Almond Oils (Jaitun and Vatada) – rich in Vitamins that moisturize, protect and nourishes the skin.
This Himalaya baby soap is tested its mildness for baby skin (letting parents and healthcare professionals know that they can trust these products for baby’s delicate skin), free from Parabens, animal Fats & artificial colors. Have a soft good fragrance, keep baby fresh and pleasant.
Best For: Babies of normal skin type
- Recommended for daily use
- This is a herbal product from Himalaya
- Mild fragrance
- Ensures healthy glowing skin
- Chances to cause eye irritation
- Olive Oil, enriched with Vitamin E, nourishes, protects and softens skin, preventing chafing
- It has soothing properties, which keep baby’s skin healthy and soft
- Almond Oil is an excellent skin softener, which moisturizes baby's skin
- PACKER: The Himalaya Drug Company,Tumkur Road, Makali, Bangalore - 562162; IMPORTER: The Himalaya Drug Company,Tumkur Road, Makali, Bangalore - 562162
#3. Chicco Baby Moments Soap
Chicco is a trusted brand for newborn babies for long years. Their baby soap is formulated to minimize the risk of skin allergies.
Chicco Baby Moments Soap has a glycerine vegetable based soap formula which is best to moisturize the skin.
Sometimes, it makes the baby skin dry and the eyes sting while bathing.
Best For Babies having itchy skin
- Paraben-free, hypoallergenic, clinically tested on sensitive skin
- Available to buy in 2 sizes, 75 gm, and 125gm
- Best to treat skin allergies – hypoallergenic
- Not sure about it’s No Tear formula, chances for eye irritation
- Contains natural active ingredients like Olive fruit oil,Aloe vera and glycerine for soft,smooth baby's delicate skin
- Prevents dryness and moisture loss
- Ingredients of 100% vegetarian origin
- No parabens,alcohol,Dyes,SLS,SLES,Colour etc.
- Allergen free fragrance
Best Baby Soap For Fairness In India 2020
#4. Mee Mee Nourishing Baby Soap with Almond & Milk Extract
Mee Mee Nourishing Baby Soap is a great choice for newborns and young children.
It has the goodness of almond, aloe vera, and milk extracts. Almond has skin lightening properties and aloe vera maintains skin elasticity.
This baby soap has a mild fragrance and it is tear free.
Best For: Babies of normal skin
- Best suited for newborn, infants and toddlers
- Follows international standards of safety and hygiene
- No harmful preservatives added
- Free of Parabens
- Chances of eye irritation to some kids
- Conforms to International Standards of Safety & Hygiene
- Free of Parabens & other harmful preservatives
- Contains the goodness of almond, aloe vera & milk extracts
- Aloe vera maintains skin's elasticity
- Note - Product packaging can be different from an image shown, but product will be same.
#5. Dermadew Baby Soap
As it contains Aloe Vera as the main ingredient along with olive extract, glycerine, and milk cream, Dermadew Baby Soap helps to improve the glow and color of the baby skin depending on skin type. Milk cream is very efficient in controlling the production of melanin (pigment to control skin color).
This baby soap is best to maintain the moisture of your baby’s skin and prevent it from drying, that eventually provides a good skin tone on a regular use.
Best For: Babies of dry skin type especially in winter season
- Soft and gentle on skin with pH comparable to skin pH (same with skin’s acid mantle pH level of between 4.5-5.5).
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Has a fresh fragrance (Contains Green Notes based on the fragrance wheel method of fragrance classification).
- Provides an overall glow to the baby skin
- Sometimes difficult to get single packs online
- Not suited everyone for skin whitening. Effective in some babies.
- Palm oil: Contains a high concentration of Vitamin E & helps restores the skin natural oils
- Glycerin: Help to keep the skin silky smooth and well hydrated.
#6. Rustic Art Organic Baby Soap
If you are looking for a handmade, organic, and chemical free baby soap, then Rustic art organic baby soap is an ideal choice. It comes with eco-friendly packing.
This baby soap is made up of vegetable oils and has the goodness of organic corn oil, organic coconut oil, organic castor oil, organic neem oil, organic olive oil, and organic aloe-gel. It also contains chamomile, shea butter, and green tea.
As its pH is neutral, it is recommended for all types of skins.
Best For Babies having most sensitive skin types
- It is a handmade baby soap – no manufacturing machinery used
- Contains only vegetable oils
- No harmful preservatives added
- Free of Parabens
- Neutral pH
- Eco-friendly packing
- It has the natural fragrance of vegetable oils
- Melts easily, need to wrap carefully
- It stings the eyes
- Compared with other baby soaps, doesn’t moisturize well
- Rustic art organic baby soap is carefully formulated for the baby's soft and developing skin providing cleansing and nourishment simultaneously. Coconut nectar is rich in amino acids - building blocks of life whereas , coconut milk and aloe vera are super moisturisers of nature. The essential oils of lavender and turmeric clams the senses, are anti-septic and anti-baterical.
- Each cold processed soap is handmade using highest quality cold pressed certified organic oils, essential oils and herbs.
- It's a balanced combination of hard oils like coconut and vegetable butters, and soft oils like sunflower, rice bran, sesame, flax seed, castor and almond which create a soft lather and keep the skin moisturized.
- Key Ingredients: Certified organic oils of cocos nucifera(coconut), helianthus annuus(sunflower), sesamum indicum(sesame), olea europae(olive), ricinus communis(castor), prunus amygdalus(almond), shorea robusta (sal) butter, garcinia indica (kokum) butter, cocos nucifera (coconut) plant nectar, kaolin clay, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, cocos nucifera (coconut) milk extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender), curcuma longa (turmeric) root oil, sodium hydroxide, purified aqua, citric acid
- How to Use: Rub your wet palm over the soap to lather. Use. It'll last longer than rubbing the soap against body
#7. La Flora Organics Baby Soft Handmade Mild Soap Bar
La Flora Organics Baby Soft Handmade Mild Soap Bar is a natural bathing bar for babies of sensitive skin. It is a vegan, chemical free, and mild baby soap.
This baby soap contains organic coconut oil, organic virgin olive oil, organic castor oil, palm oil, org sunflower oil, organic shea butter, organic calendula oil and essential oil of lavender. Virgin coconut and olive oils cleanse and conditions the sensitive skin naturally.
Best For: Babies of sensitive skin with extreme skin irritations
- It is a vegan baby soap
- It is a handmade baby soap
- No tear formula. It stings the eyes
- Slightly costly compared with other baby soaps
#8. Himalaya Nourishing Baby Soap
The Nourishing Baby Soap is a herbal product of Himalaya and it is free from artificial colors. It has a mild refreshing fragrance lasts for almost all the day.
Himalaya Nourishing Baby Soap is formulated with honey and milk, a perfect combination to treat sensitive skin. Milk is a gentle cleanser and honey makes the skin smooth and soft. Other ingredients are sunflower and castor oil, which protects the baby’s skin from infections, rashes, and irritation.
Best For: Ideal baby soap to use in a monsoon season
- Relatively low cost compared with other baby soaps
- Free from Parabens, artificial colors, and animal fats
- Ideal for Monsoon season
- It’s a herbal product with milk and honey, free from chemicals
- Reduces itching, inflammation, and redness
- Lathers well
- Pleasant smell
- Ideal for normal skin, 100% Herbal actives
- No harmful chemicals and colours
#9. Pigeon Baby Transparent Soap
Pigeon Baby Transparent Soap is an ultra mild baby soap contains squalene (natural antioxidant) and ceramides (protect from skin wrinkles, dry skin, and itchy skin). The combination of coconut, jojoba, and castor oils in the soap moisturize your baby’s skin effectively.
Furthermore, it contains Glycerin, a well known moisturizing agent, contributes to keeping your baby skin soft and smooth.
Best For: Babies of Sensitive skin type
- Recommended for both babies and adults with sensitive skin
- Ultra mild and transparent
- Amazing fragrance lasts for a long time
- Available with a soap case
- Contains natural plant extracts of Jojoba and Chamomile which makes baby’s skin soft and healthy.
- Easy to lather and rinse off
- Relatively costly
- Chances for eye irritation
You may also like to read – Himalaya baby cream review
#10. Curatio TediBar
Curatio Tedibar baby soap is suitable for toddlers and kids of all ages. The ideal one for dry and itchy skin.
It is safe to use on baby skin because it has the same pH as that of normal skin (pH 5-6).
Its regular use can stabilize the biological protective mantle of the skin and keeps it soft and healthy.
A small rub of this Tedibar soap is enough to lather the whole body.
Best For: Best suited for babies having a dry and itchy skin
- Suitable for children of all ages
- pH of skin
- Lathers well
- Ideal for dry and itchy skin
- Need to be washed well with water than normal due to the slippery feel of the lather.
- May sting the eyes
- Little overpriced
- It melts fast, lasts for 15-20 days
- Designed for the delicate skin of babies
- Dermatologically tested
- Skin friendly pH 5.5
- Soap free, alkali free
- Unique drain tray makes Tedibar last longer
Also read – Best baby shampoo in India
#11. Baby Dove Rich Moisture Soap
Baby Dove Rich Moisture Soap provides deep cleansing and removes dirt and oil. Ideal for school going kids. Recommended for all skin types.
It is pH neutral and hypoallergenic which minimizes the chances of skin allergies. This Dove baby soap is a dermatologist, pediatrician and ophthalmologist tested.
It has a delicate mild fragrance which keeps your kid feel fresh and pleasant.
The one demerit is that we need a lot of water to wash the body from the lather thoroughly.
Best For: Best suited for babies with skin allergies
- Suitable for children of all ages
- Prevents skin allergies
- Dermatologist, pediatrician and ophthalmologist tested.
- Mild, pleasant fragrance
- pH neutral formula
- Best for daily use
- Need to wash well with a lot of water to rinse off the lather well
- Baby Dove baby bar rich moisture has a hypoallergenic formula
- Ophthalmologist, dermatologist and pediatrician tested
- Gentler and more nourishing than any baby soap bar
- Our pH-neutral formula with ¼ moisturizing cream leaves baby’s skin soft
- Fragrance developed for baby’s delicate skin
You may also like to read – Best baby massage oil in India 2020
Our kids are our first choice than anything else in this world. As a parent, it’s our responsibility to choose the right products at the right time to help them grow fit and healthy.
Find out the best baby soaps in India 2020 from this list which suits well on your baby skin, sometimes you have to do it on a trial and error basis. Definitely, you could stick into one product at the end which would be the best choice for your little one.