There are many different types of thermometers available in the market, so it becomes quite difficult to choose the best one for your baby.
Various Types of Thermometers
1. Digital Thermometer: By electronically measuring the temperature of an individual’s body, a digital thermometer gives very quick results.
2. Glass Thermometer: Glass Thermometer is the traditional thermometer that uses mercury to measure the temperature. Mercury takes a minute or so to give the actual reading of the temperature.
3. Ear Thermometer: An ear thermometer is used by placing the thermometer inside the ear of the child. Which is easy and safe to use on babies of more than 6 years of age. You need to make sure that the thermometer is placed in the right position to get the most accurate reading.
4. Temporal Artery Thermometer: These are the non-contact thermometers. They use infrared technology to scan the temperature from the forehead of the baby and give readings without touching the baby’s body.
5. Oral Thermometer: The traditional thermometers give the temperature reading by being placed under the tongue of the child for a few seconds. They give accurate readings and are recommended to use with children over 4 years of age.
6. Forehead Strip Thermometer: Forehead strip thermometer comes with disposable strips that are attached to the thermometer and are swiped on the surface of the baby’s forehead to get the temperature reading.
You can use Dr. Trust Infrared Forehead Temporal Artery Thermometer by scanning the temperature from the child’s forehead.
You can use for checking the temperature of baby’s milk bottles as well.
Thermometer provides quick results (within 3 seconds) on an LCD display. There are two modes to check the temperature, Celsius and Fahrenheit. You can check up to 10 recent readings.
The thermometer beeps when the temperature is high. There is auto power off feature to save on the battery consumption.
- The thermometer first scans and captures naturally emitted infrared heat, measurement of ambient temperature, liquids and surfaces. Arterial heat balance software then synthesizes these readings to determine body
- Temperature: 2 color coded backlight: Large LCD screen, color coded backlight and 30 results memory; Dual mode: Person/Object mode, measures in both celsius and fahrenheit. Fever alarm in case of excess temperature and red color Lcd backlight will show
- Object mode suitable for measuring temperature of baby bottles with milk. Always accurate measurement: Clinically tested, this thermometer has been clinically tested for accuracy in comparison to rectal thermometers
- Product of USA: Comes with 1 Year Standard Warranty. Warranty can be extended for additional 6 months for free by registering on manufacturer website within 15 days. Extended warranty program is conditional subject to terms and conditions of the manufacturer
- High accuracy certified medical device CE and FDA approved
Omron MC 720 thermometer is a 3-in-1 device that can be used for measuring baby’s body temperature, object’s temperature like milk bottles and the room temperature.
Omron thermometer gives two readings simultaneously, the current one and the previous temperature reading. So you can compare the temperatures immediately. The time taken by the thermometer to give an accurate reading is just 1 second. The thermometer lets you store up to 25 readings.
You can use the silent mode to change the reading from Celsius to Fahrenheit and vice versa.
- Easily switch between Farenheit and Celsius
- One Second Reading
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty from date of purchase
- For any product related quires contact brand toll free number 18004190492 in Working Hours- 9:00 am to 5:30 pm Monday to Friday
#3. Equinox Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer EQ-IF-02
Equinox thermometer has great reliability to get an accurate temperature. It can be used to check the baby’s body temperature, room temperature of the check any object’s surface temperature in two scales, Celsius and Fahrenheit.
The thermometer can be used within the distance of 3-5 cms from the human body. You will get a quick reading in just 1 second.
There are 3 backlights (red, yellow and green) to show the temperature ranges. An inbuilt fever alarm beeps during extreme temperatures of more than 38 degrees C or 100.4 degrees F.
The thermometer comes with a low battery indicator and an auto power off feature, which saves the battery when the device is not in use.
You can store up to 32 results.
- LCD display with 3 colors backlight for easy fever differentiation
- Accurate Readings
- Quick results in 1 second
- Low Battery Indicator
- Fever Alarm
Exergen Temporal Scan Forehead thermometer is easy to use, just swipe the thermometer over the baby’s forehead and get the temperature reading.
This one can be used on a sleeping baby also, without disturbing its sleep. There is a backlit display, so you can use it at night.
There is an option to mute the sound made by the thermometer after the reading is taken.
- Most gentle method of taking baby's temperature more accurate than ear, and at least as accurate as rectal use on sleeping child
- Temporal artery thermometer
- With ear infection no probe covers required
You can use ANKOVO Forehead and Ear thermometer in two ways for measuring baby’s temperature, one from the forehead and other from the ear.
The thermometer takes just 1 second to display reading. There is a fever alert function which turns red when the temperature is very high.
For younger babies, use the forehead mode and for older babies, the ear mode can be used. There are two scales to measure the temperature, Fahrenheit and Celsius.
You can store up to 20 temperature readings.
- Original Product Imported Directly from USA / All-in Price (India Customs + Free Shipping) / Track Your Package All the Way from US to Your Home, Buy with Full Confidence.
- DUAL MODE: Forehead Thermometer (suitable for all ages) and Ear Thermometer function ( only for the child above 3 months) - the easiest and most practical way to take a temperature.
- SAFE AND HYGIENIC: Compared to mercury thermometer, there is no danger of breaking the glass or swallowing mercury. It is totally safe for children to use.
- RELIABLE AND ACCURATE: A maximum of 20 previous readings is available to help you track the changes of your body temperature. Delivers temperature readings with Unfailing Accuracy and very fast.
- QUICK AND EASY: With just 2 buttons, Head and Ear, this electronic thermometer is very easy to use. The thermometer reads within 1 second and a loud enough beep will notify you it is done.
Dr. Madre Forehead Infrared thermometer is a non-contact thermometer. Just hold the thermometer 2-4 inches away from the baby’s forehead and press the button to get the reading. The thermometer can be used to check the room temperature also.
The company guarantees to pay back the whole amount if the device stops working due to some technical issue within 30 days of time-period.
You can hold up to 12 readings.
- Dr. Madre
- Personal Care
Braun Digital Ear thermometer is not only suitable for baby use but is equally usable for the whole family. The tip of the thermometer gets warm that melts the ear wax so that the thermometer can get the accurate readings.
Braun Digital Ear Thermometer gives visual and audio signals so that you can check whether the thermometer is placed on the right area inside the ear or not.
There are disposable lens filters to maintain the hygiene level.
- Braun ThermoScan5 Ear Thermometer is gentle, safe and easy to use on the entire family.
- Used by more pediatricians' offices than any other infrared thermometer brand, the IRT6500 thermometer features a pre-warmed tip that helps ensure accuracy.
- ExacTemp positioning system confirms good thermometer position in the ear with a light and a beep to ensure accurate temperature measurement.
- Memory function recalls the last temperature reading on the thermometer allowing you to keep track of fluctuations with a large, easy to read digital display.
- 2 AA batteries, 21 lens filters and protective case included.
Braun No Touch Plus is a forehead, non contact thermometer which can be used for measuring temperature of babies as well as for older children.
There are two methods to get the temperature reading, one is the non-contact way and another one is the forehead way.
The display is color-coded and changes the colors to tell for the fever severity. There is an option to mute the sounds made by the device when the baby is asleep.
- Patented Technology Captures Twice As Much Body Heat To Ensure Accurate Results
- Large, Easy To Read Screen
- Color-Coded Fever Guidance To Track Progression Of Fever
- Positioning System Reduces User Error
- Gentle Led Light And On-Screen Indicators Ensure Accurate Results
The iProven Forehead and Ear Thermometer gives accurate temperature readings quickly in just 1-3 seconds. You can measure the temperature in 2 ways, from the forehead and the ear in a single click of a button.
The thermometer is waterproof and can be used for measuring the temperature of the adults also.
The backlit display allows the thermometer to be used during night time as well without switching on the lights. The color-coded screen displays the fever ranges.
There is a beep sound after the reading is taken to indicates that the process is complete.
- Consistent and reliable ear thermometer with forehead function (dual mode) - the easiest and most practical way to take a temperature
- Clinical thermometer - unmatched performance with revolutionized calibration technology - clinically calibrated for medical use. gives temperature readings with unfailing accuracy and very fast
- Professional medical equipment - trusted by pediatricians and medical professionals, this thermometer is the clinically tested and secure solution for all ages
Vicks Baby Rectal thermometer has a short tip that leaves no chances that it will go too far inside the baby’s body while causing harm to the baby.
Gives accurate temperatures it takes the reading from the core of the baby. It takes only 10 seconds to get the reading. The display is backlit.
Last reading is saved for the reference purpose.
- Made in US
- RECTAL THERMOMETER FOR BABIES: The short, flexible tip makes this baby thermometer gentle and safe to use for taking your baby's rectal temperature. The large digital display gives a fast, accurate reading so you quickly know if your infant has a fever.
- DIGITAL THERMOMETER: Digital thermometers provide fast, easy to read temperatures so you can tell if you or your child has a fever quickly and accurately. A sick baby or child is never fun, but Vicks digital thermometers make sick days easier to handle.
- VICKS THERMOMETERS: Vicks helps you help your family feel better and get healthy during a cold or the flu. While humidifiers, vaporizers, NyQuil, DayQuil, VapoRub and other cold and flu medications help relieve symptoms, thermometers help you track them.
Kinsa QuickCare Thermometer can be used orally, rectally and under the armpit (i.e. in 3 ways) to measure the temperature.
The thermometer is app-enabled that records everything about the baby’s temperature reading. You can create different profiles of the family members and record everything separately for each member.
Use the thermometer with a smartphone for information like -” what to do next”, “what medications should be taken”, “see the doctor”, etc. from the app.
- Digital bluetooth thermometer with a no-hassle wireless connection to your smartphone
- Fast, accurate and reliable readout in 8 seconds or less
- Pediatrician-recommended and FDA cleared for accuracy as a rectal baby thermometer, or as an oral or underarm digital thermometer for people of all ages
The list includes best baby thermometers that have good user reviews and trust in the market. You can choose any one of them (ear thermometer, forehead thermometer or rectal thermometer) as per the need and requirement.