Toners help you to cleanse your skin after makeup, shrink pores, restore skin pH balance, and also acts as an extra protective layer with moisturization.
Depending on the brand a toner may contain natural substances, glycerin, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatories that help you achieve the above objectives.
Click Below to Jump Directly to the Topic
- Things to Consider While Choosing the Best Toner in India 2020
- Best Toner in India 2020
- Best Toner for Oily Skin in India 2020
- Best Toner for Dry Skin in India 2020
- Best Toner for Combination Skin in India 2020
- Best Toner for Acne-prone Skin in India 2020
- Best Toner for Sensitive Skin in India 2020
- How to Use Toner for Best Results
Things to Consider While Choosing the Best Toner in India 2020
Check a few important things before buying toner from the market.
- Ingredients – It should not contain harmful chemicals. Products with rose water, aloe vera and chamomile are good for hydration and soothing the skin
- Alcohol-free – Nowadays many toners contain alcohol to remove the oil from the face. Select products without alcohol content
- Natural – Always look for natural products
- Skin Type – Choose the correct toner for your skin types such as acne-prone skin or oily skin
Best Toner in India 2020
#1. Biotique Bio Cucumber Pore Tightening Toner
Biotique Bio Cucumber Toner is ideal to use on any skin type from normal to oily. Biotique is an Ayurvedic toner with 100% botanical extracts that uses Swiss technology recipes.
This natural toner is a pore tightening and purifying lotion blended with cucumber, coriander, nutgalls, barberry, peppermint oil and the freshwater from the Himalayan foothills.
Biotique toner helps to keep the pH balance of your skin that is necessary to protect your skin from infections or allergies.
- Ayurvedic toner
- 100% botanical ingredients
- Uses Swiss technology
- Suitable for all skin types
- No preservatives
- Dermatologically tested
- Some users suspect alcohol content in the product
#2. Lakmé Absolute Pore Fix Toner
Lakmé Absolute Pore Fix Toner is a spray type toner which is easy to use and travel-friendly. Just spray the toner in a cotton pad and gently clean the skin in the upward direction.
Lakme toner helps to tighten the pores, energizes the tired cells, unclogs pores and provides a fresh and smooth look to the skin.
Excess oil can be removed by using this toner. Other than that Lakme alcohol-free toner is best to remove the make-up residues, impurities and traces of debris.
You need to use the primer before applying a moisturizer.
- Easy to use, spray type
- Tightens the pores
- Removes debris, make-up
- Comparatively costly
#3. Khadi Mauri Cleansing and Toning Lotion
Khadi Mauri Toner is a certified Khadi product in India. This is a pure Ayurvedic product formulated with herbal extracts. The toner is made from the natural extracts of pomegranate and lemon that helps to make your skin healthy and younger-looking.
Khadi Toning Lotion helps to remove the pollutants from your skin gives soft and smooth complexion. This toner works as a cleanser as well as a moisturizer.
This paraben-free toner stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, renewing skin cells and working on wrinkles and fine lines provide overall health to the skin.
- Pure Ayurvedic lotion
- A Khadi certified product
- Blended with natural extracts
- Provides overall health to the skin
- Suitable for all skin types
- Balances skin’s natural pH
- The packaging is not quite good
Best Toner for Oily Skin in India 2020
#4. Lotus Herbals Basiltone Clarifying and Balancing Toner
Lotus Herbals Toner is one among the most recommended toner among the users. The essence of cucumber, neem and basil help to clean, refresh and hydrate your skin tissues.
The Basiltone combination in this toner helps to restore the natural pH balance of your skin, along with tightens the pores and moisturizes the skin.
This herbal toner is suitable for combination skin to oily type skin.
The packaging is flexible to use, comes with a dispenser so that you can easily spread it on a cotton pad.
- Natural extracts with anti-fungal, anti-bacterial & anti-oxidant properties
- Suitable for combination to oily skin
- Removes makeup residues, tightens pores
- Balances natural pH of the skin
- Users complaints of the presence of paraben
- Not a pleasant smell
#5. Jovees Cucumber Skin Toner
Jovees Cucumber Skin Toner is good to use on oily and sensitive skin. This toner is known for its cell regeneration and soothing properties.
You can use this toning liquid to remove excess oil, dirt, and makeup residues from the skin. Jovees made from natural ingredients such as Cucumber extract, Sage, Aloe Vera and Chamomile.
Your eyes may sting if it enters into your eyes. There are some assumptions that this product contains alcohol or soap because the manufacturer doesn’t provide the complete ingredients list for reference.
- Provides radiance to the skin
- Best for oily and sensitive skin
- Reduces skin irritation
- The goodness of natural extracts
- The product has a soapy smell
- Not sure about the other ingredients other than the key ingredients
Best Toner for Dry Skin in India 2020
#6. WOW Lavender & Rose Skin Mist Toner
WOW Lavender & Rose Toner is the best toner to cleanse, hydrate and soothe dry skin cells. The toner helps to restore your skin’s inner radiance.
This toner is enriched with 100% pure hydrosols of lavender and rose, herbal extracts of witch hazel, cucumber and green tea. These powerful ingredients help to lighten the blemishes and add a protective layer on the skin.
The product is free from alcohol, sulphates, parabens and it is infused with organic virgin coconut oil, avocado oil and wheat protein.
This is a spray type skin toner so that you can easily apply on your skin with a cotton ball.
- No Alcohol, Parabens & Sulphate
- Balances oil production
- Hydrates the skin
- Nice floral fragrance
- Spray type bottle
- Pure natural extracts
- Not much use for sensitive skin
Best Toner for Combination Skin in India 2020
#7. Biotique Bio Honey Water Clarifying Toner
Biotique Bio Honey Toner is ideal to use on combination skin as well as other skin types.
Biotique Bio Honey is an Ayurvedic toner that contains pure honey, aloe vera, manjishtha, nutgalls, carrot, sandalwood, and pure water from the Himalayas.
This natural toner from Biotique helps to keep the pH balance of your skin that is necessary to protect your skin from allergies and bacterial infections
The toner refreshes, tones and brightens your complexion.
- Ayurvedic product
- The goodness of natural extracts
- Useful for all skin types
- Pure water from the Himalayas
- Keep the pH balance of your skin
- Suspect alcohol like ingredient
- Chance to irritate dry skin types
Best Toner for Acne-prone Skin in India 2020
#8. Plum Green Tea Toner
If you need a 100% vegan skin toner, go for Plum Toner. This is an alcohol-free toner with the goodness of green tea. Green tea is an astringent and has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial properties. Green tea helps to nourish your skin tissues.
Other major ingredients are glycolic acid and glycerin. Glycerin is an emollient to keep the skin soft. Glycolic acid helps to keep the skin refreshed and renewed.
This toner is specially formulated for acne-prone skin, you can also use it for oily and combination skins. Plum toner helps to control the blemishes and acne, reduces pore size and promote well-toned skin.
- 100% vegan
- The goodness of green tea
- Excellent for acne-prone sensitive skin
- Controls the blemishes
- Reduces the open pore size
- Certain fake products are available on online stores
#9. Kaya Clinic Acne Free Purifying Toner
Kaya Clinic Acne Free Purifying Toner is specially formulated to take care of acne-prone skin. You can use this on combination and oily type skin.
Kaya Clinic Toner exfoliates, and skin-soothing agents present in this toner controls excess sebum. This toning solution is also useful to unclog and tightens the pores on the skin.
The toner has a non-alcoholic formula enriched with Mandelic Acid that has anti-ageing properties to hide the fine lines and wrinkles.
- Free from alcohol
- Contains Mandelic Acid
- Skin-soothing ingredients
- Suitable for acne-prone, combination and oily skin types
- Makes the skin dry
Best Toner for Sensitive Skin in India 2020
#10. RE’ EQUIL Pore Refining Face Toner
If you are looking for a good toner for your sensitive skin, RE’ EQUIL Pore Refining Face Toner would be one of the best choices. RE’ EQUIL is suitable to use on oily and acne-prone skin.
This alcohol-free toner is dermatologically tested for safe use on skin. RE’ EQUIL is enriched with nine botanical extracts such as lemon, aloe vera, witch hazel, seaweed, great burdock, ivy, watercress, sage and common soapwort.
RE’ EQUIL helps in skin pH balance, pores tightening, absorbs excess oil and removes clogging residues. This product is free from dyes, sulphates, parabens and silicones makes it ideal for sensitive skin.
- No alcohol, sulphates, parabens
- Best for sensitive, oily and acne-prone skin
- Maintains pH balance
- Controls sebum production
- Provides smooth and even skin tone
- Ideal for both men and women
- The bottle is not much user-friendly
#11. Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner
Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner is a Korean imported face toner specially formulated for sensitive skin which is free from parabens and alcohol.
The main ingredients of Klairs toner are Phyto-oligo (moisturize and reduce skin dryness), wheat amino acids (reduce skin inflammation), and plant extracts(soothe the skin).
Klairs helps to balance skin pH level, enhance hydration, cleanse and soothe the skin. This product is hypoallergenic which does not make any allergies or skin irritation.
- Best for sensitive skin
- Hydrates the skin effectively
- Hypoallergenic formula
- Light herbal fragrance
- Balances pH level
- Costly as it is an imported product
- The packaging is not up to the mark
How to Use Toner for Best Results
- A face toner should use after washing your face but before applying any serum or moisturizer
- Wash your face thoroughly, massage gently and remove the makeup and dirt
- Blot your face dry with a towel
- Take a cotton ball or pad and soak with toner
- Gently spread the toner on the face, neck and surrounding skin, don’t apply on lips
- Wait to let the toner get absorbed to the skin
- Now you can apply moisturizers
- Apply toner twice daily, once in the morning and then in the night for better results
Depending on your skin type you can pick WOW Lavender & Rose Skin Mist Toner or Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner.
Klairs is the most recommended toner for sensitive skin while WOW toner is pure rose water plus lavender water toner without any side effects.