My son loves to eat cakes and pastries. He loves every kind of cakes (with or without frosting), muffins, brownies. For him, cake with frosting is “Happy Birthday Cake” and cake without frosting is just a cake 🙂
I always try to bake cake / muffins at home. I bake cakes with or without egg depending upon who is going to eat it.
Sharing my recent Chocolate Banana Cake recipe of soft, moist and delicious cake.
2 cups all purpose flour (APF)
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 to 3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
2 medium-sized over ripped bananas
1 cup warm water
1/2 cup milk ( at room temperature)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract OR (you can add 1 tsp coffee powder)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C for 10 minutes. Greased and lined the tin with baking parchment. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add the sieved flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder & salt. Mix it together and set aside.
- In another large bowl, mash the bananas first then add eggs and sugar into it. Whisk it together and add water, milk, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Once wet ingredients blended completely. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir. The consistency of the mixture should be ribbon-like.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place the tin in the centre row of the oven.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. When cooled, you can cut into pieces and serve.
Happy Kids, so Happy Mom