Gaining weight is just as hard as shedding those extra pounds. Especially for individuals who are classified as ectomorphs, gaining weight can be quite an issue. In the case of ectomorphs, the body has a very small frame and they tend to have a very high rate of metabolism, which makes it almost impossible for them to gain weight fast.
You must also make sure that your body weight matches your height to avoid several health issues. If your goal is to gain weight, then you need to make sure that you plan your diet to meet your daily required calorie intake.
Why Are You Underweight
Before you begin a diet plan for weight gain, it is mandatory to know why you are underweight in the first place. If you have lost weight drastically, it could be due to
- enzyme deficiencies,
- nutritional deficiencies,
- medicine toxicity
- or even some forms of eating disorders.
It could also be indicative of more serious issues like kidney issues, hyperthyroidism, tuberculosis and more. If weight loss is sudden, make sure that you consult your doctor before you start any diet plan or before you begin any fitness plan or routine.
Health Issues Can Cause By Being Underweight
For those who are underweight, several health issues may crop up eventually such as:
- Lack of immunity
- Complications when conceiving
- Low bone density
- Extreme fatigue
- Imbalance of hormones
Why Do You Need a Balanced Diet Plan for Weight Gain?
It is true that foods that are rich in fat and sugar promote weight gain. However, you need to ensure that you choose a balanced diet that will give you a good source of all the nutrients that your body needs.
Foods that are not wholesome can cause issues like:
- Digestion problem due to lack of fiber in the diet.
- High blood sugar levels due to a sudden spike in insulin.
- Increased risk of Type 2 diabetes as well as heart issues because of an increase in bad cholesterol.
- Bloating and water retention because of high sodium levels in these foods.
- Respiratory issues like asthma because of an unusual rise in your BMI.
How Does This Weight Gain Meal Plan Work
Loss and gain of body weight are linked to the consumption and expenditure of calories on a daily basis. The basic thumb rule is as follows:
- To lose weight – Consume a few calories and burn more calories
- To gain weight – Consume more calories than you burn.
- To maintain your weight – Consume the same amount of calories that you burn.
With this diet chart, you will be able to get a daily calorie intake of 3000 calories, which will help you to gain weight steadily. The diet chart also includes food sources that are healthy and nutritious so that there are no compromises on your health.
Even when you are on a weight gain program, make sure you incorporate at least 30 minutes of exercise to help your body absorb nutrients well and make the most of the foods that you consume.
Check out – Diet plan for weight loss in 7 days
Diet Chart to Gain Weight
With this diet chart, you will be consuming smaller, but more frequent meals that are highly rich in good calories. It is important that you stick to the timings mentioned in the diet in order to see faster and more effective results.
Aims to gain 380 calories and 12 grams of proteins
|7:00 am – 8:00 am||
Aims to gain 450 calories and 7-8 grams of proteins
|8:00 am – 9:00 am||
Aims to gain 450 calories and 21 grams of proteins
|10:00 am – 11:00 am||
Aims to gain 600 calories and 24 grams of proteins
|12:30pm – 1:30 pm||
Aims to gain 200 calories and 2 grams of proteins
|4:30 pm – 5:30 pm||
Aims to gain 300 calories and 14 grams of proteins
|5:30 pm – 6:30 pm||
Aims to gain 450 calories and 24 grams of proteins
|8:30 pm – 9:30 pm||
|Late night before bed
Aims to gain 330 calories and 9 grams of proteins
|10:30pm to 11:00pm||
13 Staple Foods for a Weight Gain Diet
Here is a list of foods that you should stock your pantry up to ensure that you are able to follow your diet without any hassles:
- Fat – Healthy fat sources such as avocado oil, coconut oil, and olive oil
- Milk – This is a great source of carbs, proteins, and calcium. If you are on a weight gain plan, you can opt for 100% fat milk.
- Yogurt – this gives you a good mix of carbs, protein, fat, and can be used to prepare a variety of smoothies and salad dressings.
- Cheese – You get a high dose of calories along with protein and fat. It can be used to enhance any dish.
- Rice: This is a good source of carbohydrates with a very low amount of fat.
- Dry fruits– All dried fruits such as dates, apricot and figs are a great source of energy and also enhance the process of natural weight gain.
- Meat: a good source of protein and help you gain muscle as opposed to fat.
- Eggs: This is the cheapest option available for you to get a great source of healthy fats and protein. Eggs also promote muscle building in a natural way.
- Seafood: Salmon, prawns, and different varieties of oily fish are a great source of healthy fats and proteins. Include it in your diet at least twice a week for best results.
- Starches Foods: These foods give you a quick dose of healthy calories. Include potatoes, oats, beans and legumes, sweet potatoes, buckwheat, corn, quinoa, squash and root vegetables in your diet.
- Avocados: They are loaded with healthy fats and can be added to most salads and sandwiches.
- Whole-wheat grains: Whole wheat bread and whole-wheat chapatis give you a great source of carbs that will help you gain weight faster.
- Fresh Fruits: Tropical fruits are a calorie-dense option if you are looking to gain weight. Fruits like pineapple, mango, banana provide a good amount of calories.
Tips to Make This Diet Plan More Effective
There are a few tips that you should keep in mind when you try this diet plan to get faster and better results:
- Your calorie intake should be increased with healthy foods such as dry fruits, cereal, rice, bread, nuts, pulses, olive oil, dry fruits, vegetables, a healthy dose of red meat and other protein-rich foods.
- Your diet should be rich in proteins and should ensure that you get your daily-required intake to enhance muscle gain instead of fat gain. You can include several sources like mackerel, dairy, tuna, chicken, sprouts, and pulses to your diet.
- Get ample rest. You need at least 8 hours of sleep every day for this plan to be effective and quick in yielding results.
- Polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, also known as healthy fats, must be a staple in your diet. It can be obtained from nuts, seeds, flaxseed oil, leafy vegetables, and avocados.
- Your diet must include 3 large meals and 3 small meals. You must obtain maximum calories from your lunch, dinner, and breakfast. You need to develop an exercise routine that promotes muscle gain. This includes a good amount of strength training and weight training.
- Make sure you drink at least 8-10 glasses of water each day to stay energetic and to improve metabolism as well.
- Avoid stress and try stress-relieving methods such as yoga and meditation to see effective results.
It is recommended that you follow this diet plan for at least a month to see improvement in your body weight. Make sure that you set a goal and work towards it. When you have reached a desirable body weight, you will have to cut down on your calorie intake. Have your daily required intake checked when you reach your goal to know how much you need to eat every day.
1 thought on “Indian Diet Plan For Weight Gain for Women”
Great read! You have made some really good points here. I loved your idea of eating more fat. I did the same thing when I was 18 to gain weight. My main mantra was to eat more fat and do weight training. It helped me a lot. Once again, thank you for sharing this article!