Kids love this buttery garlic flavored bread. I prepared this domino’s style garlic bread at home, and it was super hit at my place. Just vanish in minutes and everyone was looking like “Why it’s finished so quickly, we need more” 🙂
Sharing recipe of garlic bread.
2 Cups Maida
1 Cup Lukewarm water
2 tsp active dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp Oil + brushing
12–15 cloves of garlic — crushed or minced
Oregano as per taste
Chilli flakes as per taste
Salted butter 1/4 cup or as per taste
- In a container take half cup lukewarm water. It should neither be hot nor cold, test it by putting your finger into it . Now, put sugar & yeast into it and give it a gentle stir. Cover the container & let the yeast activate for 15 minutes or until you see bubbles on top and mixture has become frothy.
- Take a bowl and place in it 2 cup maida, salt, half of crushed garlic & oil and mix together. You can add a small quantity of oregano and chili flakes in the dough . Now add the frothy yeast mixture into it. Knead it with soft hands & keep the dough very soft. Add lukewarm water if required.
- Oil a big size bowl and place the dough in it. Oil it from the top as well & cover it with a damp cloth. Let the dough rest for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, add melted butter & remaining garlic. Add oregano as per your liking.
- After an hour, the dough will be double in size. Sprinkle some corn meal “makki ka atta” on flat counter top. Put some oil on your hands and knead the dough for 5–7 minutes so that it becomes stretchy. Again put it in the oiled container for half an hour.
- After half an hour, knead the dough once again with oily hands ( Oily hands will help you to knead the dough without sticking on your hands).
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts. Take one part of dough & remaining parts should be kept covered with damp cloth. Form a circular shape just like a “roti” or pizza. Brush the butter-garlic mixture on the circle properly.
- Preheat the oven at 190C for 10 minutes.
- Now lift one end of a circle to meet the other , forming a semi circle. Gently sealed the ends with your fingers.
- Take a baking tray & brush it with oil properly. If you like then sprinkle corn meal on it. Also seasoned baking tray. Place the semi-circular dough into it.
- Cut the semi-circular dough into bread sticks using a sharp knife. Fill the sticks gaps with butter & sprinkle oregano seasoning on the top.
- Finally, bake it in preheated oven @190C for 15–20 minutes or till the crust has become slightly golden brown. Time duration varies from oven to oven. Please keep your eyes on the baking tray.
- Enjoy your garlic bread with any kind of dip or ketchup.