I baked eggless zebra cake first time on “Raksha Bandhan” for my family as most of my family members don’t eat eggs. I thoroughly enjoyed to bake this cake. I was amazed with outcome as it was soft, moist,fully baked and full of flavour. Chocolate and Vanilla striped pattern like zebra makes it more beautiful.
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
200 gms milkmaid
2 tbsp powdered sugar
1 cup milk
1 tbsp baking soda
1/2 tbsp baking powder
100 gms butter
Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 C.
Mix all the above mentioned ingredients (except cocoa powder) n divide d mixture in two equal parts in separate bowls. And mix well.
In one bowl add cocoa powder and mix.
Now in a baking bowl pour one spoon of each batter alternately till u finish up with the whole batter.
Bake it at 180 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Check after 30 minutes using knife or toothpick.
Once the cake cools down, you can add some toppings.
With Chocolate Ganache as Icing on it.
Ganache is nothing but heavy cream and chocolate. You need proper proportions of chocolate and cream to make best ganache for icing on cake or cupcakes.
- 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate coarsley chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream/Whipped cream
- 2 Tablespoons butter at room temperature
- Place coarsely chopped chocolate in a heat proof bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat bring the heavy cream to a boil.
- Pour heavy cream over chocolate and let stand for 2-3 minutes, until chocolate has softened.
- Slowly whisk the mixture until smooth and add the room temperature butter. Whisk until butter is melted and incorporated.
- For Glaze: Use it once it comes down to room temp.
- As a frosting: Let it sit in counter-top for a couple of hours or 2-3 hrs in fridge and use.
- As a whipped icing: Let it sit in fridge for 3-4 hrs and then whip using beaters.
Do try this recipe and share your wonderful experience with me. Would love to respond if you have any issue with recipe.