Face Yoga is a practice that involves stretching and toning different parts of your face. You can do face yoga in the privacy of your home or at a studio. Some people even choose to do it while watching TV or reading a book.
If you are concerned about the effects of aging on your face and you don’t want to use creams or other products then you can benefit by doing face yoga on a daily basis.
After all, you are using all your muscles more often, which will improve facial structures and reduce wrinkles.
Today you’ll learn about 5 face yoga exercises for anti-aging your facial skin.
Click Below to Jump Directly to the Topic
Benefits of Face Yoga for Anti Aging
- You will have a more toned and lifted face that is smoother to the touch.
- The exercises also help to reduce wrinkles from forming on the forehead and keep you looking youthful.
- Stretching the face muscles keeps them from wrinkling and becoming lined and hence reduces wrinkles and fine lines.
5 Face Yoga for Anti-Aging Effects
When you are starting with face yoga, go slow and start with 2-3 minutes a day, then gradually increase the time to 15-20 minutes a day.
The first step that is to be followed is hydrating your skin. Apply a good moisturizing cream or a serum to your face. Then go for the following yoga procedure one by one easily and slowly, so that you don’t end up worsening the effects of aging.
#1. Face Yoga For Forehead
- Make a fist of both hands with your finger inwards towards you.
- Place the knuckles on the center of your forehead.
- Now, applying moderate pressure, move your fists outwards towards your temples.
- Repeat it 5 times and then gradually increase the number.
- Place both your hands on your forehead between the hairline and eyebrows. (Your hands should face inwards).
- Applying optimal pressure, swipe your fingers outwards towards the temple to tighten the skin and reduce fine lines.
- Relax and then repeat the process five times and gradually you can increase the number.
This will help reduce fine lines on your forehead.
Also Read: 5 Best Organic Skin Care Products in India
#2. For Drooping Eyes or Crow’s Feet
- Make a V shape with your Index and Middle finger of both hands.
- Place your fingers on the corners of your eyes with the index finger at the outer corner of the eye and the middle finger at the inner corner of the eye.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the brows.
- Look at the ceiling, while applying pressure raise the lower eyelid upwards and make a squint and then relax.
- Repeat five more times and then shut your eyes tightly for 10 seconds.
This face yoga helps get rid of puffy and droopy eyes.
Also Read: 11 Best Eyeliner in India 2021
#3. For Cheeks
- Make an ‘O’ with your mouth but your teeth should be hidden under your lips.
- Smile widely while maintaining the shape made in the first step.
- Hold the smile and also place your index finger under your chin and move your jaw up and down while tilting your head backward.
- Repeat it five to six times in one go.
This face yoga will give you lifted cheeks and overcome the sagging skin of your face.
#4. For neck
- Slightly tilt your head back till you feel a stretch in your neck.
- Puffer out your lips as if you are about to kiss someone.
- Place your fingers on each side of the neck and come down to your collarbone (you can apply some good massaging oil for smooth glide).
- Come back to your original position and relax.
- Repeat the process again for five to six times.
This face yoga will help you get rid of sagging in your neck, cheeks, and jawline.
#5. For Smile Lines
Have you started noticing smile lines on your face, worry not follow the below-mentioned steps to address this problem
- Smile and hold the smile on your face.
- Push the nasolabial folds – the lines that are present on either side of the mouth extending from the edge of the nose to the mouth’s outer corners, back with your fingers.
- Then pull the skin in the opposite direction.
- While pulling, strain your muscle against the pull, you will feel the resistance with your finger.
- Repeat the process 8 – 10 times.
This face yoga will help you get rid of the smile lines and will give you a reason to smile.
Must Read: 11 Best Lip Balm For Woman in India 2021
Who Should Avoid Face Yoga
Although anyone can do face yoga, there are still some conditions under which you should avoid face yoga for some time or you should consult a doctor. The conditions are as mentioned below
- Acne issue.
- A broken jaw or any injury.
While performing face yoga, you apply some pressure on your facial muscles which may worsen the above-mentioned conditions.
Though the process is very effective in reducing the signs of aging on your face, it may take 8 to 10 days to show its effects. You should start with fewer rounds and then you may increase them according to your convenience.
Start your face yoga routine and get younger-looking skin. And yes, don’t forget to share your experience.