Your baby’s skin is soft, sensitive and gentle so you must choose the right products which can provide a protective shield to his soft skin. Your newborn skin is delicate and still developing so it is always recommended to avoid the soap/cleaners for at least 1 month of age. Always use the mildest cleansers on alternate days. In the market, a huge range of baby’s skin products are available which looks natural and herbal but in reality, these products are full of chemicals and have artificial fragrance.
First time when I picked the Himalaya baby cream for trial, was not sure about the quality & mildness. But in the first use, I was in love with its fragrance, moisture level & smoothness. It didn’t take much time for me to move completely from Johnson to Himalaya.
You can read the review of Himalaya Baby Soap
Things which I like most about Himalaya baby cream is mild fragrance, herbal ingredients, hypoallergenic, safe & and reasonable in price.
Few checkpoints to ensure that skincare products are safe for your child.
#1 Avoid unnecessary fragrances
Always use the mild fragrance products for your baby. In most of the skin care products, fragrance ingredients are synthetic. But in natural products, essential oils are used for fragrance. Synthetic fragrance can lead to cancer, allergic reactions and central nervous system disorders. Try to find the natural products for your child instead of commercial.
#2 Read ingredients labels and choose wisely
Sometimes, products which seem herbal on the label are not purely herbal when you check the ingredients. Spend some time to see the ingredients used for the product so that you can choose ingredients you recognize. Don’t go for chemical based products. Someone told us “Always use the skin products which are made of edible ingredients”.
#3 Check expiry date
Before buying any skin care product for your child, please check the expiry date label. You can’t go for expiry products for your little one.
#4 Patch Test
It is always advised to do the patch test day before you start using any skin product for your baby.
To do the patch test, dab a little amount of moisturizer or cream on back side of your baby’s palm and see if it’s good with your child skin. If you see any type of rashes then avoid using that moisturizer or cream.
Review of Himalaya Baby Cream (Extra soft and gentle)
Himalaya baby cream is specially formulated to protect your baby’s dry cheeks, tender noses, rubbed elbows and crawler’s knees. It is mild in fragrance, gentle, pure, clinically tested, hypoallergenic and safe.
- Olive oil is a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids, Vitamin E & K. It has soothing properties which help to keep your baby’s skin soft and healthy.
- Country mallow is an antioxidant which protects your baby’s skin from germs and nourishes the baby’s skin.
- Licorice has anti-irritant,anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing redness, make the skin brighter, lighter.
Pack size and price
Himalaya baby cream comes in three different sizes. It usually comes in white color tube packing, having green cap.
- Price of 50 ml tube size is 70 rupees
- Price of 100 ml tube is 130 rupees
- Price of 200 ml tube is 230 rupees
You can buy Himalaya Baby Cream by clicking on this link http://amzn.to/2nNkSvR
Direction for Use
Apply it on clean and dry face and body of your baby. Take the small amount of cream, massage it gently on your baby’s skin till it gets absorbed. Best time is to use it after a bath and before bedtime. Avoid the areas around eyes.
Pros and cons of using the Himalaya baby cream
- It is good to use for dry and sensitive skin, having the good moisture level.
- It is well packed and easy to use
- Easily available in market and low in cost.
- It comes in three different sizes so you can start with the smallest pack.
- I personally liked the mild fragrance of cream.
- It may not be a good option for oily skin.
- Always apply the small amount. Otherwise, skin will feel greasy.
Earlier, I was using the Johnson & johnson products for my son. I had used the no more tears body wash for 2 years. But when I read about the controversies of its products then I checked the ingredients list of johnson & johnson. Few of the ingredients are not easy to understand like
- Isopropyl Palmitate,
- Cetyl Alcohol,
- Stearyl Alcohol,
- Ethylhexylglycerin, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria).
News of cancer causing ingredients in johnson products scared me….
I feel that no product sold by big companies is pure herbal, but Himalaya looks better positioned. If your budget allows then buy high quality organic & herbal products. I will write more about those in future.