Last Updated: 17th January 2021
The pesky pimple marks on the skin are really annoying and bothering too at the same time. One needs to cover them with makeup products when stepping out of the home. The pimples stay for about 4-7 days, while pimple marks stay for weeks and don’t get off so easily. And, for the oily skin, the problem is even worse. Oily skin is prone to acne much more than the dry skin.
Click Below to Jump Directly to the Topic
- How To Avoid Pimple Marks Naturally
- Home Remedies to Remove Pimple Marks From Oily Skin 2021
Acne leaves acne marks and blemishes on the skin. So, in order to avoid them, follow these tips.
- While in the process of recovering from acne, do not use any harsh product or ingredient on your skin.
- Do not squeeze out any breakout.
- Avoid exfoliation to not to irritate the skin.
- Skip waxing for avoiding even more acne on that area.
- Use soft towels on the skin and be gentle towards it.
- Make sure that you clean your face properly by using a mild cleanser and moisturize your skin well.
Orange peel is a great ingredient to remove the pimple marks naturally. It has lightening properties that reduce the appearance of acne scars. So, from now own, never throw the orange peels in the dustbin rather add them in your beauty routine.
- Dry some orange peels in the sun and grind them to make it a powder form.
- Take 1 teaspoon of this powder and add 1 teaspoon of honey to make a smooth mixture.
- Apply the paste on the affected region and wash when dry.
You can do this remedy every alternate day.
Lemon juice has bleaching properties that help to lighten the pigmentation on the skin. It also removes all the dead skin and Vitamin C helps to build collagen.
- Take out some juice from the lemon by squeezing it.
- Apply directly on the scars with the help of a cotton pad.
- Leave for 10-12 minutes and wash off with cool water.
This remedy can be done every alternate day.
You would also like to read – Home remedies for pimples
Coconut oil has a variety of benefits for the skin. It is loaded with antioxidants that and Vitamins such as Vitamin E and Vitamin K that repair the skin and increase the growth of healthy skin tissues. Also, its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties prevent the new acne to grow on the skin.
- Take a teaspoon of coconut oil and rub it in your palms to warm it.
- Dab it on your skin, while focusing more on the acne scars.
- Leave it overnight and wash off the next morning.
You can do this remedy every night or alternate night.
A very easy ingredient that is found at all homes is the besan. Besan is a great ingredient to work for skin issues like acne scars and pigmentation. It has exfoliating and lightening properties that help in reducing the blemishes and scars on the skin.
- Take 1 tablespoon of besan and add rose water or lemon juice to make a thick, fine paste.
- Apply this all over your face and neck and allow it to dry for 15 minutes.
- When dry, wash it off with water
You can do this remedy every alternate day for maximum results.
Tea tree oil is a very common and popular remedy to treat acne-prone skin. It helps to get rid of that stubborn acne, and also works on the acne scars due to its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. It may take some time to show the results.
- Take 3-4 drops of tea tree oil and add it to 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Mix well and apply the oil on the scars and blemishes.
- Leave it on the face overnight or at least 1-2 hours before washing it off.
Do this remedy daily to get rid of acne marks.
You would also like to read – home remedies for anti-aging
Aloe vera works like magic on the skin to make it soft and to remove acne and its marks. It heals the skin from within to let it glow. Its anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants help to repair the damaged skin.
- Extract the gel out of the aloe vera leaves and apply an even layer of it on the affected area.
- Leave it overnight and wash off in the morning.
You can do this remedy daily for fast results.
Potatoes are loaded with minerals and vitamins that heal the skin from pimple marks. They have bleaching properties also that makes the skin look radiant.
- Take a raw potato and extract its juice.
- Apply this juice onto the acne scars and whole face for 20-30 minutes by using a cotton pad.
- When dry, wash off with water.
You can do this once every day.
Green tea contains catechins that help to reduce inflammation and acne scars. It makes the skin look brighter.
- Dip green tea into the water and let it infuse for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag and use the water on the affected area.
- Wash it off when dry.
You can also use tea leaves if not a tea bag and the process would be the same. Also, drink some green tea for its amazing benefits for the skin.
Do this remedy daily for maximum results.
Neem has been known to treat acne and get clear looking skin for ages. Its antiseptic, healing and soothing properties work well to treat acne and acne scars.
- Take a handful of neem leaves and grind them to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste directly on the skin for 20-30 minutes and wash off afterward.
You can do this remedy daily.
Another way to lighten the pimple marks naturally is by using turmeric. This ingredient has antioxidants, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory properties that help to speed up the healing of acne prone skin tissues to give a clear skin.
- Grind the turmeric to form a power or you can even use the already powdered form of turmeric.
- Add a few drops of water or lemon juice to make a fine paste and apply it all over the face.
- Let the paste stay for 30 minutes and then wash it off.
You can do this remedy every alternate day.
Avocado is one of the most effective remedies to treat acne scars. It helps with the acne outbreaks and keeps the pores clean. Vitamin C present in the ingredient helps in lightening the blemishes and dark spots.
- Take a ripe avocado and mash it to form a fine paste.
- Add a tablespoon of honey and half a lemon juice in the mashed avocado.
- Mix well and apply the paste evenly on the face for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash it off with cool water.
Do this remedy every alternate day.
There are many scrubs to treat acne-marks by combining various ingredients mentioned above. One of the best home-made scrubs includes gram flour, lime juice, water, and milk.
- Mix all these ingredients to form a smooth paste and apply it all over the face for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off when dry.
- This pack would help to exfoliate, brighten, and clean the skin by working on the blemishes.
Vitamins such as C, E and A are very good for the skin. Vitamin A helps with wrinkles, blemishes, and scarring. Vitamin E helps to maintain the quality of the skin. Vitamin C helps in healing and repairing of the skin due to antioxidants.
You can have these vitamins by consuming leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, carrots, avocados, spinach, fish, etc. Eat loads of natural vitamins to maintain the quality of the skin and to keep it healthy and glowing.
- These treatments include many medicated creams infused with skin lightening agents like kojic acid and azelaic acid that work on the acne marks.
- Microdermabrasion is also done by the dermatologist to treat the top epidermal layers of the skin and the pimple marks on them.
Well, the above mentioned are some of the tried remedies to remove the pimple marks from the oily skin naturally.
- Always test a little amount of the ingredient on your hand first to check for any irritation and then only go for applying it on your face.
- Always tone your face after cleaning with a towel and don’t forget to moisturize your skin well.
- Try to use the cosmetics which are paraben-free and are gentle towards your skin.
- Lastly, drink enough water and get the required 8 hours of sleep for that healthy-looking skin.