Click Below to Jump Directly to the Topic
I started BeingHappyMom two years back with thought to share my motherhood journey with like-minded moms by sharing my own experiences and learnings.
I have two kids, one is 6 years old son and 7 months old daughter. We practice conscious living by shifting towards organic food, avoiding plastic in our household products as much as we can, treating day to day health issues with home remedies. So we thought, why not to share remedies which we use in our lives with others and learn more remedies from People around. As I know, many of you also practice home remedies at home for certain health issues.
So let’s practice more and more home remedies…
And avoid giving heavy doses of allopathy medicines to our kids for common diseases. It has many side effects on our growing up kids immune system and growth.
How strange and wonderful it is to see that how we use home remedies, no matter where we live.. because ultimately we all want well being of our family and loved ones.. cold and cough is really very common in kids and grownups.
I used to panic when I first time became a mother… But eventually, I understood that it’s common and there are more than 200 different types of viruses that can cause a cold. So, home remedies and ayurvedic treatment is best as per my current understanding.
.. on the first day of the creation of BHM Home Remedies Whatsapp community.
Fill up this form if you wish to join WhatsApp Community (Free of cost if approved)
Home Remedies for Cough & Cold, Fever
1) Juice of ginger & tulsi with honey
2) Betal leaf, Tulsi, Ajwain leaf, Thuthuvalai ( equal amount) should grind them and just filter it. Add 3 mustard, boil the water until u get the aroma. For sweetness add palm sugar if necessary.
4) Tulsi, ginger and honey tea twice in a day
5) Warm soups
6) Besan Milk (it helps to give warmth to the body and realize congestion)
Besan Milk Recipe
1. Take one pan, put 1 tbsp of Desi ghee into it.
2. Let the ghee meltdown. Now add one big spoon of besan Into it, stir continuously on low flame.
3. once besan roasted properly then add one cup of milk into it and stir immediately to avoid lumps.
4. Add 1 spoon of brown sugar or white into it. let the milk get boiled… Once it’s boiled, pour it into the cup and drink.
5. It is advised to have it before bedtime and go to bed immediately after drinking it. it helps to give relief from cold and cough.
NB: composition of one spoon ghee, one spoon of besan, one spoon of sugar with one cup of milk for one person.
Home Remedies for Skin – Anti ageing
1) Vitamin E capsules (It will tighten and glow face)
2) Vitamin E + fresh aloe vera extract is extremely effective. Can be used an immediate facial by adding white rice on this mixture
Home Remedies for Runny Nose / congestion/ Immunity Power
1) A glass of lukewarm water add 1 tbs of lemon juice and 1 tbs of honey mix well and give toddlers and even all age people can have…
2) Mix 1 tbsp onion juice with half tsp warm ghee, take thrice a day.
Home Remedies for Headache & Migraine
1) Coconut Halwa (Recipe)
1 fresh grated coconut
600 to 700 ml milk
Choti elachi 3 to4,
Sugar to taste.
Take a kadahi or pan, put milk in it on low flame.
In another kadhai , put ghee , add grated coconut, stir well , cook till all water is dried, add ealchi powder, sugar, add milk , keep striing till it becomes dry .
Eat this halwa lukewarm once a day.
_You can store this halwa for 4 to 5 days._
2) Take Steam
3) Eat grapes and pineapple
4) Eat an apple every day
I will keep updating this page as we grow & learn from our WhatsApp community.