I always try to bake different varieties of cookies/ biscuits at home so that my family can have better options than store bought one.
Around two years back, first time, I tried my hands in baking. Before that, I occasionally bake cakes but never tried anything more than cakes.
But after I purchased my OTG (Oven Toaster Grill) then I thought, why not trying to bake cookies & bread. Initially, it was not easy to nail success recipe of perfect cookies. But after a few unsuccessful attempts, I have nailed the key to bake perfect biscuits / cookies.
On this Diwali, I am planning to bake the different variety of cookies in bulk to distribute.
Today, sharing the recipe of jeera biscuits / cookies, a sweet & savory treat to your taste buds.
Click Below to Jump Directly to the Topic
- 1 & 1/4 cup refined flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 tbsp dry roasted jeera
- 1/2 tbsp raw jeera
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Lukewarm water
- Ground the sugar in the mixture to make powder sugar.
- In a pan dry roast half tablespoon of jeera / cumin seeds.
- Sieve the refined flour, salt, and baking powder and keep it aside.
- In the another bowl, add the butter
- Take a big bowl, add butter & sugar. Mix it well to make a smooth creamy texture.
- Now add the dry ingredients and roasted jeera into wet ingredients and mix with soft hands.
- Softly Knead the mixture into a medium soft dough using lukewarm water as require.
- Shape the dough into a log and wrap it in the cling film.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or butter paper. I aluminum foil when I don’t have parchment paper at home.
- Take the log from refrigerator and cut it into round slices using a sharp knife.
- Keep the slices on the baking tray and spread remaining jeera on the top.
- Bake biscuits for 12 to 15 minutes.
- When the bottom of the cookies begins to brown, they are done.
- Take baking tray out from oven and keep biscuits on the wire rack to cool completely.
- Once its cool down, store in the air tight container.
- You can use warm milk instead of lukewarm water.
- You can replace 1 tsp baking powder with 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp baking soda.
- You can add carom seeds along with cumin seeds to enhance the taste.
- If you are too conscious to use all purpose flour then you can try with 50:50 ratio of whole wheat and all-purpose flour.
- You can replace butter with desi ghee.
Do follow us on Facebook for regular updates.