Kids usually fond of cakes. Few kids don’t like to eat nuts & tutti-fruity & they just want plain cakes & muffins. And few kids love to eat nuts & tutti fruity. This cake is specially for those kids who love to eat nuts. Fully loaded with almonds, cashews, raisins & handful of tutti fruity. My son loves to eat tutti fruity very much, always want to eat it with raisins once in a day. Presenting nutty and fruity rich cake which I have baked in Cooker. You can bake it in OTG or Convection as per your comfort.
All purpose flour 1 ½ cup
Baking powder 1 ½ tsp
Baking Soda less than 1 tsp
Butter/Refined Oil ½ cup
Sugar 3/4 cup
Vanilla extract 1 ½ tsp
Chopped Almonds ¼ cup
Milk 3/4 cup (room temperature)
Tutti fruity ½ cup (mixed with a tablespoon of flour)
Lemon Drops of Half Lemon (after sieve)
[You can use Lemon Zest (lemon rind without white portion of lemon) for strong flavour]
In a cooker, put salt as layer to maintain heat consistency. Then put a stand on which we will place cake mould. Preheat the cooker on low flame for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder & baking soda and keep aside.
- In another bowl beat oil and sugar together until it is fluffy and then add eggs one by one and beat well. To this add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Now add wet ingredients into dry ingredients along with milk and blend it to get the cake consistency.
- Add tutti frutti , mix well.
- Grease a cake mould with oil before pouring the batter in.
- Pour the half batter into greased mould then Sprinkle almonds evenly on it to give centre layer of almonds.
- Now pour remaining batter and sprinkle almonds or other nuts on top.
- Put the cake mould into cooker over stand, cover with the lid, without the whistle and let it bake on low flame for 40-50 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, open the lid and check if the cake is cooked by inserting a knife into centre. If the knife comes out clear, than the cake is cooked, if it comes out sticky, let it cook for some time.
- Once cake is baked properly. Remove the cake from the cooker and
let it cool completely.
- Slice the cake and serve.
Do try this recipe for your children and share your feedback and outcome of this recipe.
Would love to answer your queries if you have related to this recipe.
Happy Kids & Happy Mom