I had never tried my hands on pancakes which kids really love to eat. But yesterday, my son wished to eat pancakes which he tasted in his school. I promised him to give it a shot for sure.
In his school, parents bring afternoon snacks for kids who play soccer. And yesterday, a parent brought pancakes as snacks. She gave pancakes to small kids too (my son’s group) for tasting and bachas ate it so fast that they wanted to eat more than tasting 😉 Then my son told me to make it at home so that he can eat as much as he wants.
As I promised him, so tried to make it today afternoon before he came back home. And I nailed it successfully 🙂 🙂 Happy to serve to my son on his demand.
Usually, when we go to pick him up from school, he asks one question daily
Mumma ne mere liye aaj kya bnaya ya kya rakha hai ghar pe
This one question gives the motivation & zeal to me to make something special for him every day. He loves to eat whatever I prepare for him especially.
I made Oats banana pancakes from very small quantity as it’s for trial purpose only. It made 4 pancakes and my son ate all the pancakes with so much enjoy and love. I served pancakes with home-made strawberry crush topping.
Let me share the recipe, you can also give it a shot at home. It’s very easy to prepare, healthy and quick option for morning breakfast or mid-day snacks.
¼ cup ground oats
Pinch of baking powder
2 tbsp of milk
vegetable oil for cooking
Pinch of cinnamon [ optional ]
One small spoon caster sugar [ optional if you want it little sweet]
Fruit crush / maple syrup / honey to serve [ optional]
Fresh seasonal fruits of your choice
- In a mixer & blender, ground the oats first.
- Mash the banana then add egg and beat it using a hand or electric blender.
- Combine mashed banana, egg , oats , baking powder, milk, and cinnamon. Blend it properly.
- Allow the batter to stand for 10-15 minutes until thickened slightly. If it’s too much thick then add more milk.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
- Put a small spoon of oil on the nonstick pan for frying.
- Fry spoonfuls of the batter until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with a syrup / crush / honey and fresh seasonal fruits of your choice.
Tip for Eggless Version
If you want to make it eggless then add more tablespoons of milk and add 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
Hope your kids gonna love this recipe. Pamper your kid with kids-friendly recipes 🙂
Happy Cooking, Happy Mom!!